• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question about media readers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaoticdonkey

Registered
Is my SD card supposed to go all the way in? I can't get it to fit all the way in the slot of my generic media reader, and Windows doesn't find it. :/

I know that's the way it works in my digital camera, but this just won't work for some reason!

(And it is in the right slot... it's labeled so, and it's the right shape... just too long.)

I have a mitsumi 7-in-1 with floppy and the cards do not go all the way into the slot. In many readers the card does not go all the way in. Don't force it but make sure you are not inserting it upside down.

I had a problem reading SD cards at first. I thought I had a bad drive. But the problem was TweakUI. I had disabled drive letters higher than F: and checking additional drive letters solved the problem.

mine goes in half-way upside down. there's no click or anything to tell you that it's in.

Well, as an update, and maybe a helping comment, I have drives for all 4 media types that show up in My Computer, but when I try to look at any of them, they tell me to insert a disc. Does that help?

The SD card works, because I took pictures with it on my camera.

Update! I was shopping for a new media reader on eBay, when I happened to find an identical media reader like mine. I used this info to find the manufacturer's website, and noticed that I needed an updated driver for it. After not being able to find it on their website, I emailed tech support, who was completely unhelpful. Then I got some help from some people on some other messageboards.

But it's solved (Yay!)

chaoticdonkey said:
Update! I was shopping for a new media reader on eBay, when I happened to find an identical media reader like mine. I used this info to find the manufacturer's website, and noticed that I needed an updated driver for it. After not being able to find it on their website, I emailed tech support, who was completely unhelpful. Then I got some help from some people on some other messageboards.

But it's solved (Yay!)
:) Awesome dude! Yeah I was reading the thread and was about to reply saying about Drivers....but I guess you got it! Great job, glad u got it working.

chaoticdonkey said:
I'm glad that my case has a door over the front b/c the rest of the case is black.
If you feel like modding, pick up a roll of masking tape, a newspaper and a can of vinyl dye :p.

That's OK. It's covered up, and I don't feel like running the risk of messing up what took me a week to get sorted out. :p

Back