• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking and system freezing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoSpawn

My motherboard allows me to overclock my AMD chip very easily. But I have run into a lil problem. Normally it has it clocked at 1.8Ghz, but when I changed it so it would go up to 2.36GHz, the system froze quickly. But my temps were only at like 40-42C? I have it lowered to about 2.1Ghz, but what's the reason for this? Is it just because I dont have enough power going in when I change the settings?

Thanks.
NeoSpawn

I increased the CPU core, didnt do anything with ram, and LDT are at default at 9.0x if that is right..it askes for a value of 5 - 9

download and run CPU-Z. Under the memory tab, make note of the info there or post a screenshot of it.

Now, I see that in your sig, you show 3 different memory modules. That may be a problem, especially seeing how some of them are different speeds.

LDT is the multiplier, max is 5x, you should have the option to lower it. you will want to lower it to 4x or 3x when overclocking.

Mmmm kay! Got the screen shot for ya. But apparently my multiplier goes from 5 to 9...is that odd? Ill double check on that just in case

Attachments

• CPU-Z.jpg
    CPU-Z.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 37
Back