• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH-5 settings for high speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChesterMcCheese

I have an Opteron s939 144 and some BH-5's which I know are capable of 2-2-2-5-1T@260mhz

What settings should I set them at? I'm currently on 315 HTT. Anybody got screenshot of their settings, or can explain what settings affect the ram overclock, and what settings affect overall CPU overclock, and what settings I need to loosen, etc? Especially interested in Drive Strength, preamble and MAL, as I heard these have an effect on the CPU overclock.

This is my current settings:

I would start off by raising the speed of the ram using the minimal timings as possible. You will probably need to increase the voltage to 3.3v - 3.5v vdimm to get really tight timings at higher speeds on that BH-5. You will have to use a divider because this ram is made for tight timings, and I wouldn't expect too much bandwidth at those timings. I'm shure you can do 9x300 and use a good divider to get it to the max tight timings/bandwidth overclock.

BTW. Is A64 Tweaker working alright for you, if so what version are you using, and which mobo are you using?

Back