• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats the best 2gig ram kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toddm27

I was wondering what you guys think the best 2gb kit is that has good overclocking ability in the 260-275 fsb range.

^^^^what he said they also like about 2.6v according to Mickey Mouse who hit 300FSb 1:1 3,3,3,8 timings.

Other than that Mushkin is coming out with something that Charlie over at XS is testing and getting some pretty impressive results.

This is a perfect thread for me, now what if im not going to overclock but I want the best bang for my buck, i want a 2gig setup and have around $300, but i dont want any "value" stuff, i want to be able to transfer the ram to my new system and not be bottlenecked if i decide to upgrade in 6 months or so..

trendy1 said:
This is a perfect thread for me, now what if im not going to overclock but I want the best bang for my buck, i want a 2gig setup and have around $300, but i dont want any "value" stuff, i want to be able to transfer the ram to my new system and not be bottlenecked if i decide to upgrade in 6 months or so..

I believe Ballistix are around $300. Depending on which OCZ's you choose you should be in the $250-$275 ballpark neither of which are 'value' RAM.

Which ones are good for my rig, and are the Ballistix worth getting if your not OCing? Just looking for the best out of the box.

Trendy1, if you are not going to overclock them, the OCZ with there low latency timings will serve you quite well. It wasn't that long ago when 1 gig sticks were much slower. I used them in a rig I bult this summer and they do perform quite well at those timings.

just picked them up too! Hopefully i get em quick, gotta sell off these corsairs now! wo0t!

crucial ballistix..mine hit 300mhz @ 3-3-3-8-7-0-1T @ 2.8v (stable forever @ 3.1v)

I run them at 297mhz @ 2.8v (b/c my cpu maxes out at 297x9)....hopefully when my opty 175 gets here it will overclock to at least 300x9 and I'll max out my RAM :) anyway, ballistix if you are going to overclock with high HTT's, OCZ if you are going to overclock with 230-260 HTT's
and crosair if you are not going to overclock.

that's the best I can do for yahz...ENJOY!

Back