• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this increase my speed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is really no point in spending extra money for glitter. The corsair xms 2225 will do the same job, however, high performance ram will only make a modest performance increase on your rig. That is assuming that your value ram can at least run at stock speeds with a divider. BTW, if you are headed in that direction you may find the OCZ tccd may be a better deal than the corsair.

Yep, the Crucial Ballistx are supposed to be some of the best 2x1GB OCing ram. It runs great with about 2.9v, which is pretty good for the DFI Ultra-D boards.

For stock use the Corsair has better timings so, for applications not demanding a lot of ram they will be faster. For things like Photoshop 9.0 and BF2 the Crucial would be better. It comes down to how you use your computer. For me, I don't run anything that needs 2 gigs of ram so, I use the 2x512.

why do ram timings have effects on different size files, wouldn't the corsairs timings be best for all applications? are you saying that slower timings are better with large files

by the way I love to game

Oh, sorry, you misunderstood. Faster timings are always good, but in running ram hungry applications it's better to have lots of ram then less even if the timings are slower. The reason it keeps your windows system from having to go into the swap file which slows everything down.

Thats what im saying, the corsair xms 2gb in the link above have like 2325 timings, is that good?

Back