• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new cellphone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1cem4n

well since i dont' know where to put this, i'll just put this here.

i really do not like my phone right now(it's something my aunt got for me in Hong Kong). I have a nokia 3200(actually not a 3200 but pretty much identical except for buttons and the color). What sucks is that it is using a chinese "BIOS" and it's the most retarded phone with bad signal all the time, bad camera, NO VOICE RECORDER WTF???. the good thing is that it is unlocked and can be used anywhere in the world(i travel a lot).

Seeing as how my dad is the biggest sony fanboy alive, i was thinking about getting a Sony Ericsson K750. Anybody have this? I already have a couple 2gb and tons of 1gb memory stick duos. It has gotten pretty good reviews and the such. Best part is the 2megapixel camera(2mp is still awesome quality to me and is the perfect size for 4x6 and using for imageshack). Any thoughts?

-1cem4n

I have a couple of buddies who always have to have the latest and greatest. They gotta have the snazziest and coolest looking cellphones. Both hate Sony Ericcson because they say the build quality is terrible. They both use motorola's, FWIW.

I'm on my 2 year old v400, but a high quality camera and all that other whatnot is at the bottom of my list of stuff to have.

Motorola is awesome get the new one with iTunes. I hate Sony stuff.. build quality horrible, built to break in a short period of time(after the warrenty) so you go out and buy a new one.

a coupl e of my friends have the razr and im not too impressed by it

sure its pretty thin, but its also really wide and ues the same OS as all other motorola phones, i guess its more personal preference to how you like the shape of the phone

I got the sony ericson 500a (think a)cuz it was cheap when I got my plan from cingular. I think it's great...I mean what do you need? It's small, compact, has voice dialing, phonebook...camera but I never use it....shrug

i would really like a camera cause it's one less thing to carry and i always like to take pics.

-1cem4n

Lol, the Razr is really thin... but it's HUGE! I saw it in Popular Science a couple of months before it came out and almost creamed my pants, but then when I went to play with it in the store, it was like holding a pancake in my hand.

I have a nokia6010 and I love it, its practly indestructable, I have droped that thing so many times and since it has no external antanna that sticks out it just bounces. Granted its just a basic phone with no camera, but thats all I needed.

I know some people with the razor, and yeah the screen is cool, but there not really any smaller than any other phone. My roomate has one and he dropped it and the screen ended up breaking of the base

Check this site out ice GSMArena it's got all the features of pretty much every GSM phone available, reviews etc...Use the links on the left hand side to select the different companies. BTW alot of the phones on that website cannot be had by going to your local wireless store, chances are for the REALLY nice ones you'll need to hit up eBay and such.

Does not belong in general hardware, and even General Computer Related Discussion is a strech, but here goes.
:)

Matt

i have a razr as well...honestly the black one looks crappy and cheap in person.....just my opinion as i picked between silver and black.

Back