• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ram will work on P4C800E-Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jcw88

The only reason I'm asking this question is cause I'm going to upgrade my ram after a while, and I know that at Asus's website it say's ddr400, but I've noticed in some members sig's that they have the same motherboard yet higher ram then ddr400. So thank you for your help in advance.

No one can help out with this? All I want to know is if i can run anything higher then PC3200 on the P4C800E-deluxe? Maybe that's how I should have worded it in the first place.

TCCD/TCC5, Hyinx, Micron, BH5/6/UTT.

Just because the memory is rated at PC3200, doesn't mean it won't go faster.

I have lots of TCCD 3200 than runs DDR600+

I cant really afford the higher end PC3200 i can afford the value ram, which I'm not really sure if it's any good. But now that I know that if I want to I can go higher then ddr400 which is what I wanted to know, cause the ram I have now is holding me back, I know it's the ram. I might post in the ram section later to see if there is something else I can do with this ram till I can get some better ones. Thanks guys for your help.

u might wanna get same ram i have, check sig, ram is running at low latencies :) and its cheap too, got it for $175 few months ago...

Winbond BH-5 and a simple Vdimm mod, or a booster if thats easier.

Might be more expensive to buy BH-5 (if you wait for a deal to appear, sure you find 1GB of some old skool BH-5 that will do the trick easy).
Study the Vdimm mod over and over, i'm sure you will figure it out, save buying a booster.

Reaching 243MHz 1:1 2-2-2-5 PAT will not be a problem at your speed 3.4GHz, which is fast as you can basically.

Just remember, putting in high latency ram will kill performance. Putting it this way, would be like running a 2.4GHz cpu in the RAM situation. Buffered bandwidth will be up, but its unbuffered that matters, and most importantly how fast the cpu get access the data.
Latency is like having a 10000rpm harddrive as compared to a 4200rpm (exaggerated).

as fishy said, all those will work fine. also, if you upgrade your ram, might look into going to 2 gig, prices dropped to where now it's more or less affordable.

Back