• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with Ram Sets Pls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

falcx

I posted my problem at this link here, http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=4043384#post4043384
and think I have narrowed it down to the ram settings. I am still fairly new to all the diff settings for an AMD/NF set up and could use any advice on what I should set my system at for best performance without overclocking.

Just to review: System in Sig

runnning 4x512 OCZ Plat Rev2
Manually changed my speed to DDR400 in bios, was running less on auto.
Americas Army would hard lock up system , tried drivers, os reinstall, etc.
Last time the game froze up the cpu, I hit restart, and at the spalsh screen or whatever its called, it said my system was running in safe mode(not windows).
I checked cpuz in windows and ram was running at defualt bios speeds (157)
Game ran fine for almost an hour........longest ever(will test more)

Also had run memtest and got 109 errors on Test 8.

Any suggestions, input how I can run the ram at 200 and what timings I need to adjust to make it run.

Also, with 4x512 is it supposed to run at 2T by default?? Thx.

The default BIOS should be 200MHz or DDR400 not 157. Try Running each stick individualy through mem test and see if one of them is bad. They should run at default and stock timings (2T) even with 4x512mb.

Ive tried various mem timings but it wont run stable @ DDR400 in memtest with 4 x 512.

2x512 runs fine with no errors in memtest @ DDR400. I was under the assumption that there was a better chance to run 4 with an X2 cpu.

Any recommendations on how to run 4x512 with no errors in memtest would be greatly appreciated. I am not looking to overclock but Id rather not underclock either. Thx.

Back