• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TEACH MY TURTLE to sprint!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zzgocartman

Registered
my comp is slow as a mof it needs some !33Ter h@ck$
I need to oc the memory its 2 256 now but my leet haek instincs tell me its not running 512 like it shoould . sony is a bunch of NOOB$.

tell me how to HACK MY BIOS and make it pretty leet

LATER

Umm

I HAVE NO IDEA
Its a vaio pcv 580
512 ram
p4 processor
I DONT KNOW ANYTHING IM A NOOOOOOOOB

just tell me what to do i want a fast computer give me info on how to get it there

oh ya :welcome:

With that mobo I don't think there is going to be any settings for the ram or cpu or anything. Have you checked the mobile thread. They usually use pin mods to overclock there CPU, and more than likely get ram rated for the CPU overclock cause of the lack of options in BIOS.

could ya hook a brother up

can u in very noobish instructions simple how to oc my memory
idont care if i f(t)ruck it up. how do i get in to the bios
and that kind of krappola

see ya later guys
thx for ur help

-matt the noob- :bang head

its not the problem of getting to bios, its more like once you get into it, you wont be able to change anything because the settings are probablyhard locked

If you want to overclock, ditch the vaio and build a PC with good overclockable components ;). Oh yeah, and don't try to bypass the swear filter, that will get you into trouble.

Your only chance of oc'ing that rig, is if you can find the PLL generator and overclock using softFSB or Clockgen for windows. Probably not worth the trouble IMO.

READ THE STICKIES!

tybye :)

J.

thx

hey this site really kiks asprin.
you guys r smart
ill try downloadin those apps and seeing if i can change stuff.
tell me what to change what to change it too.
if you have aim thatd be good so i cant talk to u guys direct

aim: iflipgokart3time
yes i did flip my go kart 3 times, it hurt really bad... not soo !33t H@3k$

Quick things real quick. First off, drop the leet speak. We are a mature community, and while we like to play around and all, when getting down to business, its really serious usually. (Plus it helps us, neh)

Second, before you do make any changes, you will really want to get some more information on overclocking. You really dont want to fry your computer.

Third, its a P4, so its a decent processor still. Not top of the line, but not going to up and die on you to bring crawling speeds. Make sure that your speed issues are not a thing of spyware/adware/malware on your computer. Look into some system maintenance tools. I recommend AVG for anti-virus, and Adaware & Spybot S&D for spyware removal.

Finally, be courteous to the members. "just tell me what to do" does not get as good of a response as a well written out "im trying to overclock my computer to get a speed boost. Does anybody think they could possibly help me?"

and also, welcome to O/CF

Oh and before you inquire as to how to do pin mods and overclock I think yo should seriously take Midnight Dream's advice and check your computers software more than anything. Out of the box most manufacturers are notorious for loading computers with alot of unnecesary applications. It would probably increase your performance in games to have a fresh install of Windows rather than trying to learn how to overclock, especially since you dont even know how to get into the BIOS. The chances of a succesful overclock that will show you any performance gains in real world apps is also highly unlikely when you consider that any options for overclocking are disabled by sony so you would have to resort to hardware mods or hacked bioses; which are for more experienced users. The hardware you have isnt bad hardware, it just needs some attention to run properly, and i suspect that the attention needs to be places more on the software aspect of your pc rather than the hardware. If you are looking for a simple analogy the software in your computer is like a bike that has sticky brakes on one wheel... you can pedal harder to compensate. or you can WD-40 the cable and parts so that it doesnt bind..

It wasn't an insult I was merely using it as reference to a time when !337 speak might have been more popular.. Such as when cs 1.5 was in its heyday. I dont see how you canbe playing it unless you play on a lan or with bots... There like arent any servers

Back