• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Engineering Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
Have a school project I have to interview a computer engineer for. Somebody please answer the following questions:

Career: Computer Engineer
1. What are some common tasks involved in this career?
2. How often do new problems (that you have not dealt with before) occur?
3. What type of education is required for this career?
4. What, if any, extra education over the requirements might be preferred by some employers?
5. What is the average annual compensation for a person just starting in this career?
6. What is the most enjoyable part of the career?
7. What is the least enjoyable part of the career?
8. What type of working schedule does this career entail?
9. What benefits, such as health insurance and retirement plans, are offered by employers?
10. How often does a person in this career develop a new/useful idea/product?

Last edited:
I can answer a couple of questions. I'm a CE in training.
3. Well, BS is necessary, but you will really need a masters and doctorate to be able to advance in a computer engineering job.
5. For starting with a BS it is $55,000 for a graduate from my school. For starting with a MS it is $70,000 for a graduate from my school. I might be a little off, but I can't find the doc online right now.

If anybody can please answer the rest of the questions, and give real name/phone number/address/employer (the teacher seems serious about checking to make sure we actually interviewed a real person), this is due tomorrow. Somebody PLEASE answer these...

seems you been procrastinating, and you have to put the burden on forum replies, the day before? eeek..lol, why couldn't you interview someone?

Actually, I made the original post a week ago, and I don't know where to go locally to do an interview in person. So I asked (a week ago) here and got a partial response, and now am politely requesting that anybody else who can is in the field and can answer the questions do so, please :)

Apprently CTRL+C and CTRL+V don't work properly on school computers... will fix that question now.

Back