• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

yay have ma new rig what now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxio098ui

yay i have a rig up and running\/ i can play all the games i wnat

but what now what else can i do with this power sys :p
im bored ,thats the reason of this post:p

i have stuff like flash and photoshop and what not but what should i use it for?

Congrats on the new rig, maxio098ui. I guess it's all up to you. Ypou must have had some idea of what you wanted to use your computer for when you built it. You will find that with every upgrade that a computer is only as good as it's weakest link. For your rig right now that's the amount of ram you have in it. 512mb is not a whole lot thse days, particularly if you run Photoshop 9.0 or some recent games. (Photoshop 7.0 will run fine on 512mb.) Aside from that, the choices are all yours. Have fun!

no idea on easier, but PS is great to have to mess around with.
But looking at your sis I'd say definetly focus on video games!

Get Age of Empires III, and we'll play some time. :santa:

Other things I do on the PC: Photoshop, Battlefield 2, benchmarks, music, DVD's, host a Ventrilo server, benchmarks, video encoding (for my pocket pc), mess around with my overclock, benchmarks... ect.

congrats max,

i'm still on an xp-m at 2.58ghz.

how much faster is your new pc over your old pc?

If you have a decent sound card I recommend purchasing Fruity Loops v5. It's a music producing program for the personal Computer. It allows you to make beats and such; as well as incorporate your own sounds.

In fact, I might even be buying an X-fi for it!

I keep reading about the FOLD team for OC; maybe you could start FOLDing?

i used ventrilo but i thoght it was unfreindly for my small brain:p

whats a reasona ble soundcard cause i have my onboard 7.1 soundcard and do you really hear a big difference between onboard and a soundcard?

Yuriman said:
Ever used Ventrilo? I can't honestly see how you can say Teamspeak > Ventrilo, unless you have never used it. :p

Totally agree with ya. Ventrillo rules over Teamspeak. Yet more people use teamspeak since its widely used.

Ya I'd get some games rolling with that system.

Be one with Yuri, Fold for Team 32.

As for sound cards, I'm happy with my Audigy1 "softmodded" to Audigy 4. It isn't a true Audigy 4, but it sounds a lot better than without the softmod. I'm currently saving for an X-Fi, but probably will not get it for a while.

Back