• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3D Mark Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scann69

I just realised that my 3D Mark 2003 benchmark does not complete as when it reaches the sound test, it stops with the error message below

"FMOD error in FSOUND_SetVolume: An invalid parameter was passed to this function"

Anybody has seen that before and knows how to solve that problem? I'm using a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 D.E sound card and an ATI X800 Pro card. I get the same error with or without overclocking my graphics card. I believe i have all the latest drivers in my system. Hope somebody is able to help.

Oh, even though the benchmark stops half way with the error above, i still get a score of 11968....is that good :)

I dunno, but that's probably caused by a buggy sound card driver component or the sound card driver installation is corrupted. Also, may be caused by the DirectX installation being corrupted. Thus, you're likely required to reinstall Windows. Sorry. :(

I did actually just reinstall Windows XP. Wonder if i should use windows drivers for the sound card of actually download new drivers from Creative website :shrug:

Back