• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frustrating Printer Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

I have a Brother multi funtion printer that prints great except whenever I first fire up the printer for the day and print the first page it always spits out a blank page with some strange characters at the top, then it prints my document. :bang head

I am so tired of this if anyone has a suggestion and btw the Brother website wasn't much help they just told me to reinstall drivers which fixed nothing..

I hate printer problems.

Well I think I've had the same experience you have had a few times before, it prints out where boxes and Arabic characters or and other things on top.

I'd say maybe try using USB over the Parallel port? Or vice-versa? Or maybe use both like I do, for some reason it makes it work better without the weird characters, but I duno.

The only thing I think you can do is reinstall or use a different port. Maybe try removing the ink cartiages and putting it back, so it might make a difference

Can you upgrade the firmware possibly? Would be a good thing to try. Does the Brother site have the drivers?

I haven't checked for firmware upgrades but it's not really my printer its the office printer so I don't wanna screw something up messing around with the firmware.

Ok, ive had this with some epson monsters.

FIrst off, definently check your cable, or in fact get a new one all together. Check and see if your connection on the PC is dirty

FInally, more "office" printers, be it laser, large format jet, etc..will have a type of ram in it, much like the older PCs we used to use. Ive seen switching the sticks, or heck dust on the contacts pull this.

Back