• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone OC'd twinx2048 xms3202v2.1 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funboy

Registered
Hello all, just got my set of twinx2048's and well, so far disappointed... oh, before i forget, my signature is a bit off about system specs.

But anyways, so i clock my system back to normal, swap out my memory, set the spd timings to 2-2-2-6 which this ram is rated for. Great it boots fine. Check cpu-z and look at the timing tables and it only shows 3-3-3-8.... What's up with that?? So i go to bios and try with 2-2-2-6 running at 205FSB with 15x multiplier. doesn't even start.. reset bios. Great. Now OC'ing at 3.3.3.8 and at 210 prime95 stable... going to go higher after this post but my question finally is..can i not OC with timings at 2cl?

thanks for any info and or tips

Okay well, I hate to reply to my own post but it's been two days and still no word... Right, so now I am running at 225x15 stable and solid. Can't go any higher though with a 1:1 ratio. What I wanna know is, what was the point in me replacing my old cheap ram with this expensive ram if i can't get better speeds from it..?

hmmm, thanks for the info.. wonder if i can return the ram...rather annoyed now...have always only heard good things about corsair....
:(

Back