• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need powerpoint for project!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

I have a project due monday, and need powerpoint yet don't have it. Is there anywhere to get a trial version or some way to have it over this weekend to finish my project?

As far as I know there isn't a free version of powerpoint (Besides just a powerpoint viewer where you can view files but not create or modify them).

Everyone seems to rave about openoffice and there is some presentation program in it. It may even save in "powerpoint compatible" files. Worth looking into at least.

i will say im usually the hardcore fan of microsoft stuff..........and i really do like office....however i have been using open office for a while now and its really good. specially considering the price............FREE!!

Is openoffice's presentation program compatible with powerpoint, I will have to show this at school, and it is less likely that I will be able to install openoffice at school.

AFIsoldier said:
Is openoffice's presentation program compatible with powerpoint, I will have to show this at school, and it is less likely that I will be able to install openoffice at school.

Yes, just save it as a powerpoint file.

Don't get fancy with animation, and stick with the basic fonts.

Alot of the fancy stuff does not port back and forth well.

If you want to get fancy, just make a webpage, with a forward and back button, and code everything in HTML.

Back