• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ballistix and NF4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilAerosolCan

I've tried my 2x1g ballistix on the DFI SLI-Dr and the MSI neo4 sli platinum. Both say it can't find the ram. When I plug it back into my neo2 it works fine. What's the deal? I don't understand why my memory won't work on these boards. Does anyone have any insight to offer? Thanks in advance for any help.

I am using 2x1gig Ballistix in a DFI NF4 SLI-DR with a 4200+. The board did not like the default ram settings at all but once your into the BIOS change to 3-3-3-8 and you can tweak from there. I use the orange slits and 2.8v.

Hope this helps

The problem is I can't even get to the bios. I figured the default voltage might be the problem, and I've got some low voltage value ram on the way. I hope it works, because I really want to use my 7800gtx

Have you tried booting with one stick, adjusting your settings, and then adding the second stick?

yeah, you had a thread about this before, didn't you? I thought you said everything was fixed or something?

Anyway, Put the both sticks of RAM in...Use SLOTS 1/2 (top yellow, top orange)...This is single channel..RESET CMOS, then boot. If it doesn't boot, there's a problem with your MOBO. You said it works in your other board, so you know the RAM is good.

Second, go into the BIOS and change the settings to 3-3-3-8 @ 2.8v and make EVERYTHING else AUTO. Save and Exit....Once it posts, turn off computer and move RAM to orange slots, then boot again and go into BIOS and start tweaking... Here is a good link to prove that it works, if you doubt me..
http://www.insanetek.com/review.php?id=19&page=3

I've tried the one stick thing, with all four of my sticks in all the slots, on both the mobos. So I have a hard time thinking there's actually something wrong with them unless by really bad luck I got two bad mobos from two different companies. I'm still thinking it may be the voltage issue with the mobos. When I get my low voltage ram, hopefully it will boot up and I can up the voltage and then use my Ballistix.

Back