• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LPT Port issue on an Abit AS8-V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barnz0432

I have been working on an Abit AS8-V that I assembled with a 630 p4

I have 1 gig of dual channel corsair value ram in it.
ati 9600pro videocard.
stock cooling
400w forton psu.
80gig sata drive.

my issue is it wont recoginze anything that is plugged into the printer port.

ex: scanner and the cnc controled plasma cutter. (yes the programs for them are installed)

I have tried adjust settings in the bios. When it is ecp+epp It reboots during startup constantly. no matter what settings are i have no luck.

I had it overclocked to 3.6ghz with stock volts and prime stable for over 11hours.

now it is at stock and I get errors when i try to detect anything connected to the printer port!!

any help on this strange issue would be great.

thanks

Make sure there is a LPT1 port listed in the Device Manager. Maybe update the driver for it? Carefully look at the connector on the devices you are trying to plug into the port to make sure a pin didn't get bent. Other than that, I don't have much to offer.

ok... i will double check it.

if I dont have any luck with that can I just add on a pci lpt port to solve my issues. I need 2 of them anyway one for the plasmacutter and one for the scanner.

what do you think?

Back