• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 P bios setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkh

Hey guys I just got my board today and when I start it up it says some thing like master ide Hdd not detected then I just press F1 and its fine, how do I fix this?

If the OS was already installed on the HDD and you just plugged it into SATA1 or SATA2 on the board, try installing the Sil3132 driver (mobo CD) if you haven't already ;)

i get that error everytime i restart..and it randomly started happening too! tho i mighta added an extra ide HD for a few min lol..then took it off

It was a fresh install of xp I tired plugging it into different ports but the same thing happens, all I have to do is press F1 and its fine.

That's weird. When you installed XP, did you F6 and load the Sil3132 driver? If it's reading it after the F1/reboot, that might not be the problem, but it would be my first guess. On those first boots when it doesn't find the master, does the drive still show up in BIOS under the IDE list and the Boot Device sections? What BIOS version are you using?

no I did not need to load the driver it found it right away and yea it still shows up with all the info and such and I am using the snewest bios.

Last edited:
When you get to the desktop, you might want to try installing the SiliconImage driver from the mobo CD anyway and see if that helps. I don't know why it wouldn't find it the first time, but after that it's OK...that is really, really strange...

For some reason my cd would not work right, it took like 15 mins to open up so I just got the drivers on the web site. Any way I have a new problem when I plug usb 2 drivers and such in it tells me the drives are usb 1 is there somthing I am supposed to change in the bios.?

That really sounds like you have some kind of conflict between the optical drive and HDD not being found. Is your CD drive plugged into the blue primary IDE port? The manual specifically says not to run any optical drives on the red ports (ITE controller), though some do work on them.

AFAIK, the only settings for USB in BIOS are for Legacy, # of ports and speed, but I am not in that screen much. You might want to turn off the Legacy support and see if that fixes it. Then again, maybe you need updated drivers for USB devices now too? Maybe it's just auto-detecting as USB 1 and you can manually set them to USB 2.0 via device manager or something? I don't run much USB hardware, so if I plug it in and it works, that's good enough for me :)

I think the error message you are getting for the USB ports is basically telling you that you have a USB v1.1 (or earlier) device connected to a USB v2.0 port. When this happens, all the USB ports seem to revert down to v1.1 and you loose the high speed that comes with 2.0.

Disable the error report function in the bios. Set it to "no errors." You wont' get the F1 prompt again. I was fiddeling with the same thing last week on my P5LD2 board. Look into the "IDE configuration" subcategory in the bios. You have to have it set to "compatible mode" or "sata mode"...something like that. experiemnet with each of the settings I think its only 3 or 4 IDE configs.

Ok for some reason it fixed it self all I did was up the fsb then saved then it went fine. :beer:

Iam just wondering if I should turn hyper path 3 on or leave it off and what does performance mode do?

You got a weird mobo...OC or nothing :)

HyperPath supposedly reduces "bottlenecks". You can leave it on AUTO, but "enabled" past a certain point creates OC problems for me, but that appears to be FSB dependent. Performance mode, again, I don't know the technical aspects behind it, but it likely increases the bus speed or reduces latencies.

What I did notice pretty much was that 5-3-3-4-2 on my mem with no HP3 and Standard Performance gave pretty much identical benchmarks across the boards as 5-3-3-8-4 with Turbo & HP3, so I think they allow maybe tightening some specific latencies and/or increasing bus throughput when it can or something.

Try them both on/on, on/off, off/on, off/off and just run some benches to see what happens. If you are not going to OC so much that they become a problem, they can add some performance, but it's not going to be anything crazy. From what I've noticed, both impact memory benches the most.

hkh said:
Any way I have a new problem when I plug usb 2 drivers and such in it tells me the drives are usb 1 is there somthing I am supposed to change in the bios.?

The p5wd2 does not have usb 2.0 enabled by default. In the bios there are settings to enable 2.0

Back