• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having trouble with new ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trendx

Recently puchased a 2gb setup from OCZ (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227210) to be exact. I threw these things in and on windows it runs perfectly. When i run games like Counterstrike our BF2 it locks up over 2 seconds with a looping sound and then comes back, only to do the same thing.. What should i do to get these working right? Anything to tryout? Looks like in bios all my settings are correct but im not entirely sure.

Hi Trendy1, I am sorry to here you are having problems. What bios are you using. Are you running at stock speeds? Do you have the ram timings set to auto or are you setting them? If your are setting them, just trey setting them to auto to first see what timings the system will set for itself and if it makes any difference. As I recall the timings on that ram are 2-3-2-5 at 1t. You could try loosening them just a tad to 2-3-3-6. ( Tad, that's my technical term for Try Anything Dumb because it might work!:))

On a neo2 the vdimm won't go up if you have the timings at 2-3-2-5. You can change it in the bios but the voltage will stay the same. You have to loosen it to 2-3-3-5 to add voltage. I know, it's a quirky board. Also, it tends to undervolt by .05 so a "tad" extra voltage may help.

I pulled them out and switched them around and its seeming to work perfectly now, whats a good burn in program? Prime95? I had it running at default timings, which are 2.5-3-2-5... I hope they stay cool how they are!

Back