• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZZF prices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ATF 2GTalon

Is it me or has ZZF been increasing prices based on how many people are buying a particular product. They've done this to me on one of my purchases, but I was lucky enough to have ordered before the price increase. And now I've seen them do this on several other products.

I know it started with Newegg. Anyone else noticing this trend lately?

Simple economics my friend. Demand = Profit. Atleast they're very competitive with Newegg and still offer free 2 day shipping on 90% of their merchandise.

Not sure about that, but all the products I had bookmarked before Katrina hit went up by approximately $1.99/$2.00. I just thought they were trying to compensate for the higher gas, but only they know for certain.

Last year I used to order from Newegg or ZZF depending on who had the better price. But then Newegg started increasing prices and charging ridiculous shipping prices so I switched to ordering exclusively from ZZF. Back then I used to think ZZF was the greatest, but with my recent orders, I'm starting to question zzf's business practices and how much I'm starting to lose my trust in them.

ATF 2GTalon said:
Last year I used to order from Newegg or ZZF depending on who had the better price. But then Newegg started increasing prices and charging ridiculous shipping prices so I switched to ordering exclusively from ZZF. Back then I used to think ZZF was the greatest, but with my recent orders, I'm starting to question zzf's business practices and how much I'm starting to lose my trust in them.

Based on what?

^^ exatly

trust on what? they are retailers - they are allowed to increase prices, that has nothing to do with trust - as said that is how the retail world works

When a items is sold for X price - chances are it wont ALWAYS be that price.

i know newegg jacks prices on high-demand items, and TBH zzf dropped their x2 3800+ price $4 the day after i ordered mine

supply and demand comes into effect in every facet of commerce; there's no way to get around it.

Back