• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ready to upgrade my memory with OCZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
slkcrab said:
Hi guys

I am seriously thinking of jumping into the 2gig arena and have my sights set on this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227210

My system specs are below. Any thoughts before I pull the trigger? Thanks!

That should do well on your system. As far as overclocking, on A64 platforms these hit 220mhz or a little more with looser timings. The 2-3-2 timings at 200mhz should give you decent performance.

The PC4000 Gold 2gb or PC4000 EB 2gb kits will clock much better of course.

Andy might have worded himself incorrectly. The PC-3200 2GB Platinum Kit will not hold CL2-3-2 timings to DDR440. A lot of end users can get to 220+ with CL2.5-3-2 or CL2.5-3-3 timings. You won't be able to hold CL2-3-2 up to DDR440 in all likeliness.

So Sean, do you think I would then be better of with the PC4000 Gold? (sure did like the price of the PC3200) my needs are mild oc'ing and gaming. Thanks!

Well, PC-4000 Platinum EB is out now, so that would be the best choice if you want to overclock, but the 3200 is still a viable choice of memory.

Back