• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my monitor fubared ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nOx34

Registered
Hi ,

I own a 19" Sony Multiscan G420 monitor ( Trinitron tube ) and lately , it's been showing some faint white diagonal lines across the screen ( like this, but a lesser angle -> / ) . I've tried changing alot of settings and degaussing . It does it in all resolutions and refresh rates. I've tried checking for heat , but it does it even when my window is open and it's cold in the room. Anyone know what's up :eh?:

Could be signs of it's age :shrug:
How old is your monitor?
I've got a 19" Trinitron that is starting to crap out on me by turning off at will.
At first I thought it was heat so I cleaned all the dust out to make sure it was getting
proper ventilation, but that didn't work. Mine is about 4 years old, I figured it would last longer than that when I bought it. I guess I have an excuse to get an LCD now :santa:

Back