• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No more FedEx 3-day on Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paul1

What's going on? I always prefered FedEx to UPS for delivery. It looks like newegg removed the 3-day FedEx delivery option.

Attachments

• newegg.jpg
    newegg.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 443
Hm. I'm ordering like 10 items and those are the choices I get. It's kind of rediculous that I can't get fedex express saver. UPS will take forever to deliver those items to me.

ups is horrible... they leave $500 packages on your porch and that is with there 3 day select, what do they do with ground? **** on ur package, then kick it from the curb to ur door?

rofl... UPS never leaves any package at my door unless i leave a note telling them to leave it on the back porch of my house

and i've had much better experiences with UPS than i have ever had with fedex

Nathan0490 said:
ups is horrible... they leave $500 packages on your porch and that is with there 3 day select, what do they do with ground? **** on ur package, then kick it from the curb to ur door?

I think that would fall more on the shipper's responsibility to tell UPS a signature is required. How is the driver suppose to know the value of the contents of the package?

The basis of the driver knowing the value of the package does not matter. The fact that we pay them to ship a package and take the utmost care of it on the way to the destination is what matters. Whether it be something valuable or not is irrelevant. I have had them leave electronics out in the rain before. No bag or anything, just the box (a large obvious box) standing out in the rain. Better care should of been taken of it, no question.

Midnight Dream said:
The basis of the driver knowing the value of the package does not matter. The fact that we pay them to ship a package and take the utmost care of it on the way to the destination is what matters. Whether it be something valuable or not is irrelevant. I have had them leave electronics out in the rain before. No bag or anything, just the box (a large obvious box) standing out in the rain. Better care should of been taken of it, no question.

With respect to weather, then you are absolutly right. They shouldn't leave any package out in the rain to get damaged.

With respect to high value items and worrying about theft, thats up to the seller/buyer to make sure the carrier is required to get a signature at delivery. From checking the UPS website this service costs $1 or $1.75 for an adult signature.

And to those that have gotten boxes damaged in the rain, or mistreated by a driver, I hope you call the carrier and put a complaint in. Its pretty hard for a driver to make up a good excuse to the boss for why he ruined someone's package, and why the company now has to cover the replacement cost on it. I used to chat with our UPS guy at work, and this was something he said to do if your driver screws up. Maybe if a driver gets enough complaints they relocate them to delivering packages in Siberia, wahahah!

Last edited:
It's your problem...not theirs...you should know the shipment is coming and take care of it...you CAN call them and REQUIRE a signature before it's let as well...

but if you get a smart person delivering, they will often take care of it for you. I once had a large shipment come in through UPS (against my will...I was extremely worried it would come in two peices rather than one - if you know what I mean) ... I was asleep (night shift guy) and didn't hear the door bell...the guy left me a note on my door that he had placed the package in the back of my car, then locked it (as it was unlocked)...I appreciated that very much.

All of my packages are delivered straight to my post office where I have to pick them up, so I don't think UPS throws the packages through the door of the post office. (lucky for me)

I hate UPS, i had a nice talk with them last week after they left some architect drawings on the outside of my gate in the rain, Then I had a mobo come in and they wedged it between both sides of my gate and left it.

I have a big buzzer in plain view and a wooden sign that says ring bell for service.

Fedex never had a problem seeing it, fedex also shows up at 12-2pm.. ups shows up at 7-9pm

I hate UPS

we should all PM Jason and tell him UPS sux :p

SunRedRX7 said:
I think that would fall more on the shipper's responsibility to tell UPS a signature is required. How is the driver suppose to know the value of the contents of the package?

Our company uses UPS to send large checks to people - we require an adult signature - how often does UPS get it - almost NEVER

Then when the customer asks where their check is after 4 days UPS gives us some run around they delivered it, then when we ask where the signature is for who signed for it, they never have it - we are almost on the verge of having them visit a little place called a court room.

Mr.Guvernment said:
Our company uses UPS to send large checks to people - we require an adult signature - how often does UPS get it - almost NEVER

Then when the customer asks where their check is after 4 days UPS gives us some run around they delivered it, then when we ask where the signature is for who signed for it, they never have it - we are almost on the verge of having them visit a little place called a court room.

I'd almost say start filing insurance claims on every package that they don't have a signature for and tell them its a high theft area. If your paying for it and they aren't doing it, thats theft of service on their part. Its not like they can then prove that they actually did deliver it either.

It just comes down to who the driver is in the end. Some of them care, Rain makes package wet = bad, others have MUST DELIVER ALL PACKAGES FAST SO I CAN GO HOME!

Last edited:
i like when people leave packages on my porch (we have a little section thats not visible from the street)

when they dont leave packages i get so mad, they make me wait an extra day for no reason, even after i tell them to always leave packages on the porch!

I just placed an order with Newegg and Fedex Saver was an option for me for shipping. It was just more expensive than UPS 3 day. I went with the UPS 3 day because I'm cheap and also I have a good UPS delivery man that leaves packages in my garage if I'm not home. :D

I have exactly the opposite situation as most of you guys. My ups driver will leave my packages in the garage, and he'll even stop to give the dog and cat a treat from their buckets by the door. The fed-ex driver, on the other hand, leaves packages out in the rain/snow all the time. Luckily, nothing has ever been damaged, but it still makes me angry.

I'm guessing the poor job market in Buffalo, NY has made delivery drivers in my area appreciate their jobs more. I know the UPS guys get really good wages here compared to the local average.

I haven't had any problems with any of the delivery companies. On packages that require signatures and I get the Attempted delivery slip from UPS, I'll go online to reschedule the package for tomorrow, and usually have the UPS guy return in under an hour since he figures I must be home to have rescheduled the delivery.

I ended up going with UPS Three-day for a new order the other day.

It hasn't even shipped yet, and I'm three hours from the facility of which they'll be picking it up. Bet you they'll take their sweet ****ing time taking all 3 days to get it to me, and they'll probably leave it out in the rain once again! Should've gone with fedex.

Back