• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushking redline pc4000 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brinnswift

Ok I bought two of these badboys a few days ago off newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146390

Now I have a dfi lanparty nf2 B, 2500+ barton-M, and as previously mentioned those 2 sticks of ram. With watercooling, so temps arnt a prob. I get the ram and it's failing on pretty much every setting. I had some old corsair xps stuff (pc3200 2,2,2,5) and the asus a7n8x-delux mobo. I could run 207x12 on air no prob. Now with this new ram and mobo and wc setup I was expecting some definatly oc improvements. Well not only is it not running faster I cant even get it to run at my previous settings, even with 15 degrees less with wc! I'm running at 3.3vdimm. My friend who has a venice setup with dfi nf4 ultra-d and with the ram running at stock (3.3vdimm, 250fsb, 2-2-2-6 timings) he cant even get it to run past the first test in p95 but with his ocz ram he can hit 280fsb easy! With both sticks indivdually! I hope maybe someone can explain what might be going on, especially since they're both failing independantly of each other? Thanks in advance.

My side panel is open so they're getting some air. I'm sure it might help but I can't imagine it making both sticks fail even before the first test in p95 in two diffrent comps could it?

Brinnswift said:
My side panel is open so they're getting some air. I'm sure it might help but I can't imagine it making both sticks fail even before the first test in p95 in two diffrent comps could it?

Active cooling is not recommendation, its requirement! It can show failure in that short amount of time if you're not using fan pointed directly to the modules. I'm sure you are aware these modules are only specified to work at their rated speed & timings on DFI NF4 motherboards? Also the specified voltage is 3,3V - 3,5V.

Can you try again with these timings:
Tcl: 2.0
Trcd: 2
Tras: 6
Trp: 2
Trc: 7
Trfc: 15
Trrd: 2
Twr: 2
Twtr: 1
Trtw: 2
Tref: 1168