• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble Shooting Assistance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

letsrok

Registered
ISSUE:

1. 3 red leds somtimes (usuallly means does not reckognize ram) and on one or two occasions has stopped at one red led. On occasions no red leds it just freezes.

2. Not sure if this is part of this issue but after playing BF2 for a couple hours system was shutting down game? Despite being prime stable.

3. I tried to flash 704-2bta, all white blocks then nothing happened except she froze up and I had to do a hard boot? I started to 623-3? I did a re-flash of 623-3 to ensure a clean bios. Roughly a week or so later I started noticing that my oc was becoming unstable and it has gotten to where system does not work now.

TROUBLE SHOOTING:

I was not sure (since 3 red leds tend to indicate ram) if issue was ram. Ram was RMA-ed and ,well, OCZ is great and it is not the ram.

QUESTION:

How would one (namely me) tell if the issue is the memory controller or a bad bios. Any idea on how to trouble shoot this. Heck I may not be able to trouble shoot anything! I just tried to go in post cmos/batter clear and she froze before I could get the genie fixed?

Your guidance is greatly appreciated!

TY

letsrok said:
Not the psu!
Why not? That was what I suspected as well (before I read your specs). prime95 loads only the cpu, while a game would load both the psu and the video card, drawing more power and pushing a margional PSU over the edge.

Back