• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On the PC-DL anybody know

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its a sensor located between the CPU socket and the VRM. It more closely is the temp of the VRM than the case actually. Most PC-DL users consider it the VRM temp. Although it may read a bit off from the actual temp.

Ahhhh, that explains a few things, thanks. Mine runs about 60 at full prolonged load. Is this something that I should cool, and if so any suggestions?

Cooling the VRMs is a good idea; I make sure there's a front case fan pointed across mine, but if that's not easy to do in your case you could probly attach one directly to the heatsink. AFAIK there's not really an aftermarket VRM cooler around, though I've seen one or two people fabricate waterblocks for them.

Just some airflow in that general area should do you ok.. VRM temp can be quite high without any huge problem..

Unless you are running an exterme overclock, I wouldn't go overboard on the vrm.. Just get a fan blowing towards that and your ram and you should be good :- ]

one thing that will help is to change out the thermal pad that is on the VRMs heatsink cause the one on there sucks it looks and feels like bubble gum. Some people use AS5 but i am not sure if it is nonconductive or not

Thanks all! I went with the Ceramique because thats what I had. I must say that "bubble gum" pad was strange. I fitted two old P1 fans onto mine. Here's a pic. I'ts still on the bench and I'm waiting on other parts.

Attachments

• vrm cool small.jpg
    vrm cool small.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 241
To be honest with you, most mosfets are specced to run ordinarily at 90c case temp (reading directly off of the back of a radioshack mosfet package).

The gate breaks down at about 125C though, that would have me a little worried.

Back