• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p4p800 deluxe overclocking failed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elec999

Every time I poweroff my system complety. I get the overclocking failed,and press f1 to run setup, f2 to load defaults. I am doing absoluty no overclocking.
Thanks

Just means most likely that something is out of spec. Check the divider on the memory, AGP lock, check the heat on the CPU, case. Thats a touchy board. Dust in the HSF could do it.

Check your RAM timings (SPD may be an issue, so set the timings manually), and I also like to set all of the settings I can manually to assure the MoBo is not incorrectly assigning incorrect values (CPU Vcore, RAM Speed/Divider, RAM timings, stuff like that). I get the "Overclocking Failed" sometimes after a BIOS update, but once I go set all of my settings like I KNOW they should be, it does not return. I also disable my Parallel Port, Serial Ports, unused USB ports, etc. Just a habit of mine...

:cool:

Randyman... said:
Check your RAM timings (SPD may be an issue, so set the timings manually), and I also like to set all of the settings I can manually to assure the MoBo is not incorrectly assigning incorrect values (CPU Vcore, RAM Speed/Divider, RAM timings, stuff like that). I get the "Overclocking Failed" sometimes after a BIOS update, but once I go set all of my settings like I KNOW they should be, it does not return. I also disable my Parallel Port, Serial Ports, unused USB ports, etc. Just a habit of mine...

Ive got everything disabled, I dont use. Serial, parallel, via, raid, etc. I will try to do the memory timings manually.
Thanks

Mess with the "Turbo" and other "boost" type parameters, too. My PC won't even POST at stock speeds (200FSB) with Turbo set to "ON" (Funny thing is: my CPU will run peachy at 250FSB, as will my RAM at 1:1 as long as Turbo is "OFF" !!! This really confuses me!).

Back