• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me with my new build...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Armadill0

Hi everyone,

Just got myself a 2405FPW from Dell.. I guess it's time to upgrade the computer as welll..Here is what I had in mind....

I mainly do gaming, and am familiar with OC'ing as I have a P4 2.6E running at 3.25 on a P4P800-E...

MBoard:DFI LANParty NF4 SLI-DR ATX S939 NFORCE4 SLI DDR 2PCI-E16 SATA2 RAID Sound GBLAN 1394 Motherboard

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor S939 Manchester 2Ghz 512KBX2 90NM Retail Box

Video: eVGA E-GEFORCE 7800GTX 256MB 256BIT
DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDTV VIVO SLI Ready Video Card Retail

Ram: OCZ EL PC3200 2GB 2X1GB DDR400 CL2-3-2-5 184PIN Pin Dual Channel Memory Kit /W Ramsink

HD: 2x Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB SATA 7200RPM 16MB 9.0MS RoHS Hard Drive 3 Years MFR Warranty in RAID0

The rest of the components I will take from my current computer:

P180 Antec Case, Truepower 480W PSU and Audigy 2 ZS card....

So, what do you guys think, do you see any problems in this list, or do you think I should change some components?.... I am mainly concerned about the Motherboard and the RAM since I am switching from Intel to AMD< I am not to sure of what is the best configuration...

Thanks a lot...

Hugues

Last edited:
:welcome: the the forums!!!

Very nice system man, Solid :thup:
I'm not familiar with 2x1GB sticks yet, perhaps someone can comment on that.
I'm not sure how power hungry GTX's are and maybe a beefier PSU would help as well.
BTW that DFI is not in any way shape or form plug and play. It took me forever trying to get it setup :p But it's got every option under the sun for OC'n and once it's setup properly will make you very happy. Goodluck with your new toy :santa:

Would I be better with the ASUS SLI Premium board instead of the DFI if I only plan to overclock to 2.4-2.5Ghz like everyone seems to do with that chip?... I head the DFI board is not really user-friendly....

Back