• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dang Ebay.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wandl

I sold a laptop on Ebay and some newbie bid and won on it..cool..I said I would do international shipping...here is the email I get from the bidder

ello, i am the winning bidder of your item
i intend to send the items to my son at training instutues of computer in nigeria where his service is currently rendered.
found his shipping name and address to be as follow
segun kingsley,21 ojaja st,moore,ile ife,osun state,22000,nigeria,
so get back to me with thew shipping cost via usps if you are situated in us or royal mail if in uk, or ups or ems speed post world wide
at most 7 days shipping the its destination in us dollars or au dollars and i shall make payment
via bidpay western union cause my credit card was stolen and i lost a lot of
money via paypal who only gave me 10,000 dollars
also your name and address in full is needed and the total including
shippping.
Regards.

Just ticks me off I have to relist on Ebay and waste all that time again..bah...

wandl said:
I sold a laptop on Ebay and some newbie bid and won on it..cool..I said I would do international shipping...here is the email I get from the bidder

i intend to send the items to my son at training instutues of computer in nigeria where his service is currently rendered.
so get back to me with thew shipping cost via usps if you are situated in us or royal mail if in uk, or ups or ems speed post world wide
at most 7 days shipping the its destination in us dollars or au dollars and i shall make payment
shippping.
Regards.

Just ticks me off I have to relist on Ebay and waste all that time again..bah...

haha, there is too much of this going on, i never thought they actually ever bidded .. they always try to do transaction outside of ebay

just tell ebay and they will be kicked off within 48 hours, and once they are kicked off you get instant fee reumbursement

wandl said:

shippping.
Regards.

I hate to tell you, but this is no newbie that bid and won your notebook, if you go through with this transaction, YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF. This buyer is a con man and this is a well known Ebay con. Do not accept Western Union from anyone in Nigeria with any high dollar amount item. You can read about this sort of thing and how my friends at theScambaiter have turned the tables on the con men and pull some really funny stuff. (Keep in mind some areas of this site are NOT work friendly and NOT pg rated, so keep you kids away from the computer if you go to the the sections with the uncensored pictures)

SSS that's some hilarious timewasting stuff on that site. Reminds me of the p-p-p-powerbook! except less brutal.

I had my laptop listed on ebay with a $500 Buy It Now and got an email from that guy asking to pay $1200 for it. Same deal.. ship to Nigera, Western Union money order.. it all sounded fishy so I just sent him a nasty email back. hehe

Elif Tymes said:
I wasn't gonna tell SSS that, but yea, he knows it's a scam;)

I know he probably knows it, but others may not and it's my civic duty to yell troll as if there were a fire
alert.gif
cop.gif
alert.gif

I can't file for 7 days for non-payment so I can get my relisting credit back and my email to Ebay with the scammer's email haven't received a response yet...just a little frustrated I have to wait longer to have this auction end again but..could be worse...I could have sent him the notebook hehe..

and really thanks to SSS for watching over all of us....SSS if we give you a flight ticket to Nigeria for about a week, who all would you visit? hehe...

I was just thinking.. what's the harm in selling to this guy? I mean, he sends you the money order first, you get it cashed and if it actually gets cashed and all then there's nothing he can do. As long as you wait till you have actual money in your hand before you ship it then how is he gonna scam you?

Because in a couple days
the bank discovers the MO is forged.

And then you are forced to pay for the banking fees, as well as return the cash,etc.

I really wish it was easier to communicate with eBay about issues like these. I don't like the series of forms, etc. that you have to go through to get your item relisted free of cost after these types of people bid on your item. Happened to me 3 times on the same auction.

jjv687 said:
I was just thinking.. what's the harm in selling to this guy? I mean, he sends you the money order first, you get it cashed and if it actually gets cashed and all then there's nothing he can do. As long as you wait till you have actual money in your hand before you ship it then how is he gonna scam you?

they try to get you to ship the item first.. they say say bidpay will release the funds once the tracking number clears, and they have a fake bidpay email address themselves as well.

actually this guy/girl is pretending to use a fake escrow and this fake escrow sent me a notice that "ooga booga has sent you $295 dollars, upon verification of shipment we will release these funds to you" kind of deal. Idiots, it was like a [email protected] or something address....

I should have the guy paypal me like $40 bucks for shipping and tell him I need that up front cos I have no cash..hehe...we'll see

Silversinksam said:
Do not accept Western Union from anyone in Nigeria with any high dollar amount item.

Why not? Once you have the money in hand, what type of recourse does Western Union have?

Why would it be the recipents issue, and not the senders?

I have used Western Union before so high dollar sales to Europe. I feel fine once I have cash in hand. SSS fill me in.

or deposit it and see if it clears?

if you have to relist it i'd ***** at ebay to remove the relisting costs, and leave him a negative

crimedog said:
or deposit it and see if it clears?

if you have to relist it i'd ***** at ebay to remove the relisting costs, and leave him a negative

Why? You can just go right to Western Union and walk out with $100s and $50s

Back