• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can 'boot from USB' Mobos......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silverfoot

....load RAID drivers from a Flash Drive?

I have always wondered that. I am at work, otherwise I would consult some documentaion that I have at home that might tell me.

I hate Floppys. They are more or less useless to me, and they clutter my cases. I am going to go to town and buy a floppy, for the SOLE purpose of installing RAID drivers, but if I can do it from a pen drive, I will save money, time, and having to get into my case.

Thanks!

(See Sig for mobo)

I think they can only be loaded from a floppy.

Why don't you save some time and integrate the RAID drivers into you WIndows CD with Nlite? SP2, also, if you haven't.

Yeah, your best option is to put the drivers on your install disc ;)

That way it loads them automatically

moz_21 said:
I think they can only be loaded from a floppy.

Why don't you save some time and integrate the RAID drivers into you WIndows CD with Nlite? SP2, also, if you haven't.

You sir, are a god.... :cool:

You can make bootable CDs easily for whatever installation needs you have. And support for bootable USB devices is hit or miss at best. And even when it's supported in the BIOS many USB devices (multi-card readers among others) are incapable of being accessed without an OS.

Captain Slug said:
You can make bootable CDs easily for whatever installation needs you have. And support for bootable USB devices is hit or miss at best. And even when it's supported in the BIOS many USB devices (multi-card readers among others) are incapable of being accessed without an OS.

So I can burn the Floppy image to a disc and it'll accept it? Way cool. I knew you can make bootable cd's, but I didn't know if WinBlow$ would accept it for the RAID drivers during install.

Back