• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with a old AMD system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jcw88

I have this old AMD system that was given to me by a guy at work, and i can't get it to go into windows. It's weird it will read the hard drive but not the cdrom drive, but if I turn the ide cable upside down on the cdrom it will read it but as a secondary drive not the primary. When it does happen to read the hard drive it won't get past the windows boot screen. I'm at a loss here guy's because I have never really worked with a AMD system, all I've ever messed with are intel system's. So there is my Problem, and here's the computer spec's incase it will help. AMD K6-2/500, 32 or 64 ram I can't remember exactly, 10gig Maxtor, some old generic cdrom, Mad dog multimedia geforce 5200, dlink wireless card.
So there it is thanks for your help in advance.

Sure did, except i don't have any jumpers for the cdrom drive, but shouldnt it by default be the primary?

Ok i got the cdrom to read ( I found a jumper). So i formatted the drive and it's up and runing so sorry for troubling you guys when I figured it out myself lol.

Last edited:
Back