• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay: What should I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jjv687

OK I won an auction Saturday, October 15th and couldn't pay the guy until my bank account transfer to Paypal was complete. So Wednesday the 19th I pay the $350 for the laptop and I expected an email within the day saying when he would ship it. Well on Thursday I email him asking about the shipping and such.. no response.. and then today(Saturday the 22) I'm getting a little worried so I email him again asking on the status of it all.. no response.. If I was selling anything I would respond as soon as I got the email.. especially if it was something of such a high cost.. Any suggestions? Thanks

It has only been a 3 days since you sent the money. I do not think it is time to panic yet. Post a link to the auction so we can help you figure out if you got scammed or what is going on.

I just noticed that he received feedback on the 19th for another laptop. The buyer said "Late delivery. Laptop works as advertised" and that auction ended Sept 28 so I'm contacting the guy who bought it to see about details. I know one thing tho, If I get my laptop 30 days late I'll definitely be leaving Negative feedback.

Negative Feedback shouldn't be left lightly. If he emails you back and is polite, courteous, and prompt, then you may want to reconsider your negative feedback stance, and merely leave a neutral or even a positive.

Negatives can come right back and bite you in the ***.

I agree that giving a negative is pretty serious, but 30 days is quite a long time to wait for a high priced item. Edited: ignorance on my part.

Last edited:
nealric said:
Its 45 days for paypal claims...

If he dosent respond to paypal, you get your money back. Ive had to do it before and its really not that bad.

It's not that simple, new sellers and those with under an 98% feedback rating are not eligible for Paypal buyers protection my friend ;)

He finally responded on Monday after I told him that if he doesnt respond by Tuesday I'll be starting a PayPal dispute. He said that he is taking the money out of PayPal so that he can ship the item.. Kinda weird since it's only gonna cost $15 at the most to ship it.. But anyway, he said he would send me a tracking number when he does ship it.. Hopefully it's shipped by Friday.. I never thought it would take this long to get my laptop. I wanted it by Saturday since I'm going on a 5 hour bus trip to Cedar Point..

Oni said:
Negatives can come right back and bite you in the ***.
How so?

Silversinksam said:
It's not that simple, new sellers and those with under an 98% feedback rating are not eligible for Paypal buyers protection my friend ;)
Does this mean that if you buy something from a new seller or a <98% seller then you're basically screwed if they don't ship it?

Also, I've been selling items/accounts for online games. Since there is really no proof that I delivered the item, could I lose the money if the buyer just tells PayPal that I didn't give the item to them or am I protected somehow?

Check out how much I made off this account :)

Yea I realize that. Kinda sucks that bad sellers/buyers can get away with it just because they will return the negative feedback if its left.. But anyway, I thought there was something worse about leaving negative

I waited 40 days for an item to arrive and left a neutral on the seller's feedback because he said the item was shipped on XX date when in fact it was shipped two weeks later. He got all defensive and posted a negative on my account saying THAT I LIED about shipping times.

I never got a response from eBay about getting it striken from my feedback and if I want it removed now the current system requires preauthorization of a $29.95 "mediation charge". :p

Last edited:
Captain Slug said:
I waited 40 days for an item to arrive and left a neutral on the seller's feedback because he said the item was shipped on XX date when in fact it was shipped two weeks later. He got all defensive and posted a negative on my account saying THAT I LIED about shipping times.

I never got a response from eBay about getting it striken from my feedback and if I want it removed now the current system requires preauthorization of a $29.95 "mediation charge". :p

why in the world would you leave neutral.. FIRST ? that leaves you wide open for a negative or any other retalitory feedback

jjv687 said:
Also, I've been selling items/accounts for online games. Since there is really no proof that I delivered the item, could I lose the money if the buyer just tells PayPal that I didn't give the item to them or am I protected somehow?

Check out how much I made off this account :)

No, its considered non tangible intellectual property of the game producer. Paypal does not offer any protection.

Nathan0490 said:
No, its considered non tangible intellectual property of the game producer. Paypal does not offer any protection.

Well does PayPal offer protection for the buyers of intellectual property? Like can anyone just tell PayPal that they never received the item and they would get their money back?

Well. It's been almost 3 weeks now.. Still no laptop. The guy told me on Friday(10/28) that the money had transfered and he would send me a tracking number.. still no tracking number.. Now I'm really getting worried.. He got this feedback last week "great product prompt on emails" Which kinda worries me because this guy is NOT prompt on emails at all.. he's emailed me 2 times during this time and I've emailed him like 10.. When should I start taking action and what action should be taken? Thanks guys

Back