• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange pc problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

recently when i have started my pc i have got the message you get when there is no hd in or if there is a non system formated floppy in drive, what i usualy do is power down and take out the ide cable from drive then put it back in and it seems to work fine sometimes i have to do this multiple times for it to work.

another problem that has been occuring has been the pc starts to make sounds that it does when booting up not the diagnostic beeps but the like weird whooshing sound it makes while booting again over and over after this happens the pc freezes and then restarts, its kinda hard to explain but all in all the pc has been acting up. The only thing i can think of is just parts getting old, some caps on the mobo have been leaked for years but no recent leaking and another thing that could trigger it is overheathing, here we have had very hot nights and where the pc is now its not the coolest of rooms also the case does not have very good cooling due to no cash and less interest in my pc.

edit-

if anyone could give me any dieas as to what the problem is i would be very gratful.

thnx in advance

RIPSTER

Hmm, I had a similar problem with my HD's. It would work fine, for ONLY 1 boot, after fresh windows install, then I restart, and it says "System Boot Failure"..

It turned out to be a setting in the bios, I cleared CMOS, and it worked fine.

Have you tried that?

Back