• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hp = teh rock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

four4875

I somehow managed to break the LCD of my camera (last time i used it it was fine, next time it was broke) and got on a live chat thing with a rep from HP, heres the summart

Kristi
James, as these type of issues are not covered under accidental damages, I shall speak with my supervisor regarding this as you are the loyal customer of HP

Kristi
Thanks for your patience and time. As you are the esteemed and loyal customer of HP, had convinced my supervisor and at this point of time , I shall be glad to replace it for you.

Kristi
The camera replacement process will be as follows: First HP will send the replacement M417 camera to you. After receiving the replacement, you will be required to send the defective camera to HP within 30 days. To initiate the process, our representative will contact you over telephone to collect your credit card information. Once the credit card information is received, the shipping process will be done within 5-7 business days. Please note that, your credit card information is just for security purpose. You will not be charged if you send the defective camera to HP within 30 days from the date receipt of the replacement.

James Coleman
as a minor, i dont have a credit card

Kristi
You need to ship the defective camera to HP first. Once we receive the camera , a replacement will be sent to you. For this we do not require the credit card information and this will take 7-10 business days from the day we receive the defective camera . The address to where the camera has to be shipped to will be provided to you when the service is set up.

<end>
note that i chopped out all the fluff, but they were gonna send me a new cam first then i send my old one, which is really sweet. the cam was bought on may 17 05, and i dont believe i have any warranty left and even so, i dont think this would be covered.

one tihng i noticed, is that "Kristi" seemed like either a robot or a non natively english speaking person. if it was a robot, it did a pretty good job at sounding real, only a few times i was like "huh?"

"James Coleman
can be called monday through friday between 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM and the camera was purchased on may 17 2005
Kristi
Sure."

in regard to when it would be best to call me at work.

but overall, it was a great experience, within an hour of discovering the damage i know ill get a new one, for the cost of shipping it back to hp. my only concern is... do they want all the accesories and stuff as well, or just the cam... i forgot to ask in the chat, but im sure ill have the chance to when they call me monday. this can go down as a positive support experience from HP. I am also wondering if they saw my laptop being registered under my name along with the camera, if thats what makes me a "loyal" hp customer, or if everyone is loyal customers haha.

Wow, it sounds like you got a good deal. It is always nice dealing with businesses that have good customer service.

Back