• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer Copperhead Review (uber large pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1cem4n

Yes, I sold my old razer diamondback to my friend. he was using some moldy old logitech optical. I brought him into the NEW age. after being very impressed with the razer diamondback, I bought the RAZER COPPERHEAD. I would have taken a picture of it inside the retail box but alas, I was too eager and now I'm too lazy to put it back in.

and now /drum roll, the mouse:
in the dark:
mousesidedark5em.jpg

in the light:
mousesidelight6ft.jpg

underside:
mouseunder5cg.jpg

above in the dark:
abovedark9bs.jpg

above in the light:
abovelight3ya.jpg

it comes with a certificate of authenticity, a white slip of paper with the default factory profiles, manual and the driver cd.
manual and cd:
dsc015738mh.jpg

white slip and certificate:
certificate3us.jpg

I added Steelpad Padsurfers to the bottom but the stock ones perform fairly well. very high quality mouse with a nonmetallic feel. feels very "soft" and the razer logo on the top pulses. the buttons do not feel out of place and feel a bit better than the ones which came with the diamondback. There is a red and green version but no mention of the pro version coming out anytime soon. the mouse has a slight raise in the center so it's at a bit more of a curve but is still very comfortable. The scroll wheel has more of a texture this time around and takes a bit more effort to move it.

Pro:
-awesome tracking
-very high dpi
-slight raise makes it easier to get comfortable with if you're switching from something like the intellimouse or the logitech series
-ambidextrous design
-lots of options in settings

Cons:
-no weights unless you get the $10 pro tools(no moving of weights though)
-price = expensive

-1cem4n

pics of the box:

Front of the Box:
frontbox7pp.jpg

Back of the Box:
back6sf.jpg

Side of the Box:
sidebox8es.jpg

-1cem4n

BE CAREFUL FLASHING THE FIRMWARE!

if you haven't been reading the threads on razer.tigga.org, i would. there are some issues with the firmware flashing. some combinations of drivers and firmware flashes =a "bricked" mouse that has to be returned. also, the mouse never really does 1000Hz like its advertised, and some users are reporting negative acceleration and lags. the pro-tools package voids your warranty.

now that i got over all the crap that has ****ed me off about this mouse release, i really like the look the look of it, and as soon as the price becomes more reasonable, i will be considering it.

edit: i re-read and found i was a bit too negative. the problems seem to be dwindling with each new firmware (up to 16g i think now, and its only been out a few weeks), but i do not think the polling rate will ever reach an effective 1000Hz, and razer's warranty support is still the worst i've dealt with.

Last edited:
any chance of some pics of the positioning of the buttons please?
i need a new mouse to replace my ageing m$ explorer 3.0
do you know if there are 64bit drivers?

Pyr0, keep in mind that this is a specialty mouse for gaming. If you were using a MS Explorer because you don't play games, there is no reason to spend this kind of money on this mouse. You would be much better off looking for something cheaper. Mice worth $40 less could have the same amount of buttons etc, the laser interface and precision is what you're paying for.

i'm looking for precision and buttons :)
i do occasionally play games, but i want something precise for art/photo and 3d work

the g5 is $25 cheaper, has the same laser and precision. it doesn't have as many buttons, though.

you can see the buttons in second picture 1cem4n posted. they are the same on the other side. i am not sure if there are 64bit drivers yet. i know there was a request in and razer said they would work on it.

thanks zip22, i didn't notice them under the lit strips ;)
i like lots of buttons on my mice, the more the better lol, as long as they are completely customiseable
i like to set them to key presses

I've been looking at buying a Copperhead for months now. This review is sick. I think I'm going to buy one today.

Did you have any problems with XP seeing the Copperhead or installing the software? Does the logo on top pulse randomly?

the logo does pulse probably every 2 seconds. it's more like it just kind of turns on and then dims down and then kind of turns on again and then dims. no problems with drivers but i don't think there are any 64bit drivers.

-1cem4n

iceman... what kind of mouse pad/mat is that? My desk is showing lots of wear under my mouse.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the copperhead blue. I'm on my forth intellimouse and it's on it's last leg.

Back