• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TCCD by Manufac.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just1nCase

Hey,

I am planning to upgrade my current pc and I was wondering which Manufacturer creates TCCD memory suitable for gaming and Adobe photoshop/illustrator work. Btw, I might overclock the CPU.. not sure.. since I haven't really overclock Cpus before, but I am going see if my friend can. My budget is going to be around $150-175 and I am looking preferably for a 1gb (x512MB) DDR400 PC3200 kit.

-----------------------------
Here is my planned setup so far:

What I am going to purchase:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
ASRock 939Dual-SATA2

The following are going to be used from my current pc:

HDD- (Both IDE Connection)
1. Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Plus (120GB--ST3120026A)
2. Western Digital Cavier (30GB--WD300BB)

Video Card- ATi Radeon 9600 XT

PSU- Antec 350W SmartPower PSU

Sound Card- Creative SB Live! Value
-----------------------------

Thanks, please let me know whenever you get a chance.

rseven said:
Many companies make ram with tccd chips that would work fine. Right now there's a good deal on OCZ at Newegg. It is excellent ram.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146890

Nice, thanks!.. Right now, I watching this auction in eBay on Kingston 2GB DDR400 PC3200 kit going for around $165-170 (+ $8.00 shipping).. is that worth getting or should I stick with the OCZ memory @ newegg based on my setup and my whole purpose I'm using this comp for?

EvilCloudStrife said:
i have done some reading and i guess ocz is switching back to TCCD now? i wonder if this ram has tccd and not tcc5
Yes, they switched a while ago. I believe this is tccd. I'm sure Steve, their rep, could confirm it one way or another. (I have already made my allotted major error for the day and I'm not pushing for two:))

Just1nCase said:
Nice, thanks!.. Right now, I watching this auction in eBay on Kingston 2GB DDR400 PC3200 kit going for around $165-170 (+ $8.00 shipping).. is that worth getting or should I stick with the OCZ memory @ newegg based on my setup and my whole purpose I'm using this comp for?
If you use current games and Photoshop 9.0 then 2 gigs of slower ram would be better than 1 gig of fast ram. $180 for 2 gigs is a good deal, but if the price starts to go up it may no longer be a bargain. Check out the prices on 2 gigs at Newegg to have a comparison point.

rseven said:
Yes, they switched a while ago. I believe this is tccd. I'm sure Steve, their rep, could confirm it one way or another. (I have already made my allotted major error for the day and I'm not pushing for two:))

lol, your a good guy rseven. i should of made myself more clear. your just trying to help and inform others :)

Thanks, EvilCloudStrife. I really did give out some misinformation today, but fortunately it was picked up on. I know mistakes are inevitable, but I sure want to keep them to a minimum. I sure don't want to get a bad rep! :eek: Maybe I need to take a drink break. :beer:

I don't think the type of ram would affect your photoshop/etc. experience if your planning to run on stock speeds. I'd also recommend 2x1GB of value ram over some highly rated 2x512MB ram, I'd say the extra ram would help more then higher OCs.

rseven said:
If you use current games and Photoshop 9.0 then 2 gigs of slower ram would be better than 1 gig of fast ram. $180 for 2 gigs is a good deal, but if the price starts to go up it may no longer be a bargain. Check out the prices on 2 gigs at Newegg to have a comparison point.

Cool.. right now, I'm using Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator 10 and the current games I am playing are World of Warcraft, Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, and I have other PC games that I'm not playing right now like Doom3.

Also, according to a person from the "New ASrock Motherboard" thread:
karl pell said:
[edit]when evaluating ram, remember that you're looking for sticks rated to perform at a max of 2.7v for this board[/edit]

so does mean Patriot 1GB DDR400 PC3200 kit would be appropriate than the OCZ memory (since the Patriot ram runs around 2.6V while the OCZ runs around 2.75V)? Does it matter how much volts it uses? If so, why?

Just1nCase said:
Cool.. right now, I'm using Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator 10 and the current games I am playing are World of Warcraft, Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, and I have other PC games that I'm not playing right now like Doom3.

Also, according to a person from the "New ASrock Motherboard" thread:

so does mean Patriot 1GB DDR400 PC3200 kit would be appropriate than the OCZ memory (since the Patriot ram runs around 2.6V while the OCZ runs around 2.75V)? Does it matter how much volts it uses? If so, why?

its the chips that make the difference. there should be no difference between the ocz and the pdp ram if the ocz really does have true tccd in it (they both use brainpower pcb)

I am not sure about the ram usage of those programs. As for the voltage, I suggest you send a PM to Karl Pell and ask him which he thinks will work better on that board. Karl is a good guy and no one knows the ASRock board better than him.

EvilCloudStrife said:
its the chips that make the difference. there should be no difference between the ocz and the pdp ram if the ocz really does have true tccd in it (they both use brainpower pcb)
All tccd is not the same, EvilCloudStrife. The Patrot is noted for running at very low voltage. My PQI needs 2.8 volts to run it's best. I really don't have any experience with the OCZ other than to know it's quality stuff, which evryone already knows.

for the same money your better off going with OCZ, the patriot stix are good but they got hotter than hell just like corsair does, also out of 5 pairs of the XBLK i have clocked 2 pairs wouldnt even do 250. Out of all the 3200 plats i;ve played with and seen all of them did at least 250 :shrug:

i have my XBLK at 2.9 volts. i suppose i just assumed that all tccd is the same because if it uses the same pcb, and the same chips, what else is there? i know that ram does have a bios on it but what would require them to have more voltage then others? surly the solder doesnt make much difference. heh

Rattle said:
for the same money your better off going with OCZ, the patriot stix are good but they got hotter than hell just like corsair does, also out of 5 pairs of the XBLK i have clocked 2 pairs wouldnt even do 250. Out of all the 3200 plats i;ve played with and seen all of them did at least 250 :shrug:

did you play with the timings? im sure @ cas3, you can get some really high clocks

My new OCZ sticks back from RMA are TCCD. I had the TCC5 version but they stopped that and started the TCCDs back up. OCZ PC3200 Platinum EL 512x2, did 300FSB 1:1 2.5 - 4 - 4 - 8 right out of the box with 2.75 ~ 2.8vdimm.

I think the whole Idea is to use TCCD since proven to work best on Asrock Satta II.
Also keep in mind if not planning to volt mod, and overclock, Asrock BIOS for now only gives 2.71v vdimm. Any Ram you buy make sure is low voltage.
Both OCZ and Patriot,TCCD's are good rams. G.Skill appears to have better TCCD chip and Overclocked up to 320 mhz on this board (Per Rebel's Haven forum). But i think G.Skill costs little more. The OCZ by Newegg w/ rebate is a great deal if it is TCCD. Next would be Patriot XBLK for $10 more.

Back