• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

propper burning-in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

newbienerd

i've been reading a lot of posts about burn in lately.. what is the propper method? is it to stress test at stock everything?? stock everything with increased voltage?? OC Freq at stock VDIMM? OC Freq with overvolt??
How much cooling should be provided??

Is this advisable for all types of memory? what about regular ram? what if you just want to "break it in" if you have brand new ram?

What are peoples experiences with this?? how effective is it?

Sent. made a sticky in the general CPU section about burning in.

his technique is getting to a normal mild overclock, that you know you can do at a certain voltage. And then to loewr voltage, and stress the thing for a few days/weeks, and record results. Then, you SHOULD be able to bring your overclock higher with the prior voltage.

i read the sticky.. but i was just wondering about any other methods.. and just was hoping to get more detail about it and stuff... as much info as i can...

Back