• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram in old HP 503n

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shimizu

Registered
Hello I have a problem...

I got an old HP 503n from my grandfather, never been taken out of the box...
But there is a problem...

It says this tower was suposted to have 512 MB of ram or more, even on the HP website...

But yet it says I have 376 mb then it drops down to 256 mb, then back up to 376 MB...
Is the ram ruined or something? I belive the Bios is a verson of phoenix bios..
Or is it a problem with the motherboard...?

Sorry if this question has been asked before...

I am extramly sorry for dubble posting. But this topic seems to be falling behind...
This is an on going problem for me, And like I said, I am extreamly sorry for dubble posting... I'm sorry if there was a thopic like this one before but I cannot find it.

Thanks anyways.

my 1st suggestion is to test each stick individually. also if you want go to our site

www.mushkin.com and have ur pc scanned so we can check the spd on those modules.

Duonger

Hello Shimizu and Welcome to the Forums!

What kind of a Video card does your system have? If it is that old, my guess is that the Video card is sharing system memory (like older laptops). Look for a setting in the BIOS which speaks of VGA RAM or Video RAM. Change that setting and see if it reflects in Windows. Other than that, I can't say anything without the full system specs.

Regards,

:beer:

S-N

Back