• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building 2 DDR systems need info on DDR memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

System 1
Duron 1ghz(morgan core) on KG7-Lite
System 2
Athlon Tbird 1ghz on Epox 8KHA+

What Im wondering is I want to crank all the FSB i can get out of theses systems, so should I go with DDR2100 or DDR 2400
I like fsb more because...my beloved KT7a did 151 fsb with pc100memory (i have proof if u need it)

If you want more fsb then definetly get pc2400 or pc2700 if you can find it.

pc2400 = 150
pc2700 = 166

Corsair 2400 seems to be the current ram of choice, though most people go with Crucial 2100 as a better value. We don't really know what the effect of 2700 is as it's still new. THough it does stand to reason that it should be even better.

nihili

I would personally forget PC2400 and PC2700 as I have not seen anyone at this time obtain a great deal higher with it than good quality PC2100, the only exception to this must be the PC2700 that Wild-Andy C has, however I believe this was hand selected and not available to the general consumer.

I run Kingmax PC2100 and have obtained 160 mhz FSB with no heat spreaders on CAS2 with default voltage and I am sure that I could go a great deal higher if my system could handle it, so I would buy this or Crucial

Kingmax Review

Well,
I honestly do not want to take the chance that the memory may be whats holding me back when I goto overclock with fsb...
But anothere question, do baords suchas the 8KHA and KG7 support upto pc2700? just to make sure.

good god...
Crucial here i come...from crucial.com?

Back