• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell memory any good for overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ilikepie

Im gonna take some memory out of my dell for a new build 2x512. I was wondering if its good for overlclocking. On cpu-z it says its PC-3200 3-3-3-8 at 200 mhz. Should i just buy some better memory or are these good enough?

When on an A64 platform, you can just use dividers. But since it's a Dell I'm going to assume it's an Intel CPU, and therefore you should get better RAM.

Im gonna use an intel chip. But isnt it the other way around that amds dont like dividers and its better to use dividers on intels?

Well usually Dell memory is either Micron, Samsung, Infineon, or Crucial. You might be able to get maybe an extra 10mhz out of them or more, but not guarenteed.

Seven7Thirty30 said:
LOL...DELL...good for overclocking...please.

Thanks for contributing to this thread, your post was well thought out and very helpful for the member who started the thread. :rolleyes:

People do not come here to get laughed at or made fun of, maybe you should re-read the forum rules.

Also ilikepie I would test the ram out in your new set-up before you buy anything. I have some sticks of no name pc-2100 that will do 2.5-3-3-5 at 195 mhz. Just try bumping the voltage on those sticks to at least 2.9 and see what you can get out of them.

Ad Rock said:
Thanks for contributing to this thread, your post was well thought out and very helpful for the member who started the thread. :rolleyes:

People do not come here to get laughed at or made fun of, maybe you should re-read the forum rules.

Also ilikepie I would test the ram out in your new set-up before you buy anything. I have some sticks of no name pc-2100 that will do 2.5-3-3-5 at 195 mhz. Just try bumping the voltage on those sticks to at least 2.9 and see what you can get out of them.

Pick a fight elsewhere and lighten up.

I wasnt expecting much from them I just wanted to know what i might get out of them. Can someone explain what exactly the timings are and some reccomendations?

JimboZ88 said:
Yes, because Ad Rock was trying really hard to pick a fight with you. Keep any immature comments to yourself please.

You're right...I'm very sorry to you both. I forgot that I was among 12 year olds on this forum.

Back