• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading to X2 4200 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capcrash

Registered
My current system is below:
Cpu: amd64 3200
Mobo: WinFast NF4UK8AA Mobo
Ram: 1gb DDR 400
Vid: X800XL pci-e
PSU: Antec Smart Power 400watt
Every thing here is the same in my new system except i am swapping the cpu to a X2 4200

Now onto the problems. :bang head Using my 3200 chip i flashed my bios to the newest version so that it will support the amd X2 chip. After flashing to the newest version that i got here : http://www.foxconnchannel.com/productsDownload_motherboard2.cfm?pMotherboard=NF4UK8AA-8EKRS
my computer is really unstable and will blue screen even with my 3200 chip in. Now if I put my X2 chip in my computer wont even boot up all the way. It gets to where windows almost loads or is about to load and either blue screens or reboots right away.
I hope i have given you all the info you need, if you need anything else just let me know.

no, not over clocked at all. And Most of bios settings are default
And thanks for the welcome :)

i only have one 939 board right now :/
Im getting another for the 3200 chip soon though. Do you think my power supply is enough? After i upgraded my bios to the newest version even the 3200 was unstable. But the 4200 was un bootable. Just wondering if the new bios could demand more power sent to the cpu or something. I dont think it is a bad bios upgrade or something since i have read of others doing the update. I just wanna use my x2 chip lol

once again :bang head

Anyone else have any ideas ? or a way i can narrow the problem down ? :shrug:

:welcome:

Did you try your Clear CMOS RTC RAM (usually labeled CLRTC on most boards) jumper?

edit: Did you try it immediately after the flash with the 3200 in it? Did it work then?

I have cleared the cmos but im not sure i did it right after upgrading it with the 3200 chip. Is it important to clear cmos with the old chip right after flashing the bios? I will try this when i get home

Back