• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VODEI AVI Scram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vovan

Hi everyone!

I just got a copy of a move,which i have on DVD, thru p2p network, cause I wanted to spare the time downcoding it, and as unable to play it, just a nag screen appeared saying i need to download a "vodei processor". Further more i did some resarch in google :), and found out that some "niceguy" is charging money for nothing by dowloading files, hijacking them, and sending them out.
Thats just not a philosophy of mine, cause I know that charging money is legal only for adding extra value of the product, and this one does nothing.
There is some forums related to it, but I thought that it would by nice to tell you straight how to remove this crap out.

This is NOT a reverse engeneering, cracking, hacking or whatsoever. The guy DID manipulated the data without MAKING ANYTHING POSITIVE for which money should be paid.

So.
1. execute hexeditor
2. find "vids" string, and replace the next 4 chars saying by me MRLE (4CC) with codec you think is right, normaly its XVID or DIVX.
3. search down for the first "str*" string. It was "strf" with me, can be "strd"
too, zero it ( 00 00 00 00 ).
4. save and enjoy.

By the way, if i meet him personaly he wont make it alive :),
I just hate such Mr meclever!

Back