• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to disassemble, take apart Toshiba laptops. Guide with pictures.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cj2600

Registered
Hi all,
I created few guides about Toshiba notebook disassembly. If you want to disassemble, repair, upgrade or clean you laptop, my website might be useful for you.

You can find it here: irisvista.com

Last edited:
:welcome: to the forums :)
very nice, deatailed, easy to follow guys you have on your site there!

I know on the original A70 there was a grounding problem. When you had a bit of static make contact with the speakers it would make the laptop go crazy. I was wondering if you have any documentation on where to apply insulation to prevent this from happening. I know A70s still under warrenty would have Toshiba fix it but I know a lot of people with this problem.

Toshiba Satellite P25

I just finished instructions for Toshiba Satellite P25.

Last edited:
Wow, what a great site!

I've been lurking on the desktop threads and building a new, hot rod of a desktop, but I just went thru service hell with the subcontractor of the subcontracor for Toshiba service on my Qosmio G15-AV501. I don't know if you consider this an out of date machine but it is still under warrantee.
Anyways, I discoverd I knew more about changing out the drives in this laptop than the guy they sent to do it.
Do you have any info on this machine? How to upgrade it? I've already upgraded the memory to 1gig (I think). I would be glad to re-imburse you for your time and excellent work (or make a contribution).
You're doing the right thing. Build it and they will come! Keep up the good work. I'll bet there's a lot of people who could benifit from your work.
Jim Ratchford
Santa Fe, New Mexico
[email protected]

cj2600 said:
Hi all,
I created few guides about Toshiba notebook disassembly. If you want to disassemble, repair, upgrade or clean you laptop, my website might be useful for you.
I already created teardown guides with pictures for the following models:
Toshiba Satellite 1415
Toshiba Satellite 1800
Toshiba Satellite 1805
Toshiba Satellite 2435
Toshiba Satellite M35X
Toshiba Satellite A60/A65
Toshiba Satellite A70/A75
Toshiba Satellite P25
Toshiba Tecra A1
Toshiba Tecra TE2100

I plan to continue creating new disassembly guides. Stay tuned.
I hope this information is useful for you.

You can find it here: http://www.irisvista.com/tech/index.htm

if you get one up for the m205 portege notify me immediatly please

Toshiba Tecra 9100

Toshiba Tecra 9100 guide is ready.

Last edited:
Ratch said:
I've been lurking on the desktop threads and building a new, hot rod of a desktop, but I just went thru service hell with the subcontractor of the subcontracor for Toshiba service on my Qosmio G15-AV501. I don't know if you consider this an out of date machine but it is still under warrantee.
Anyways, I discoverd I knew more about changing out the drives in this laptop than the guy they sent to do it.
Do you have any info on this machine? How to upgrade it? I've already upgraded the memory to 1gig (I think). I would be glad to re-imburse you for your time and excellent work (or make a contribution).
You're doing the right thing. Build it and they will come! Keep up the good work. I'll bet there's a lot of people who could benifit from your work.
Jim Ratchford
Santa Fe, New Mexico
[email protected]
Hi, I emailed to you.

Toshiba Portege 4010. Complete disassembly.

Hi all,
Toshiba Portege 4010 disassembly guide with instructions is ready.

Last edited:
Disassemble and repair Toshiba Tecra S1.

Toshiba Tecra S1.
New guide with instructions.

Last edited:
Toshiba Satellite A55, Satellite M55, Tecra A3 guides

Hello, I added three new disassembly guides with pictures

Last edited:
Toshiba Satellite A25, Satellite M35X, Satellite M45, Satellite P30 guides

Hi all,
I posted new guides

Last edited:
Toshiba Satellite A35, Tecra M2, Satellite Pro 6100

Three more guides for you guys

Last edited:
Toshiba Portege M200/M205 and Satellite 5105 guides

I finished couple guides for tablet PC

Last edited:
nice! you put up the m200... sticky anyone ?

a little off topic, but will a 2.26ghz dothan work in the m200 ?

Toshiba Satellite A20 and Toshiba Satellite L25 guides

New disassembly guides

Last edited:
Sorry for the OT but any chance there will be pictures of how to take a part a Compaq Presario V2000 series :santa:

Since you seem to know a lot about toshiba laptops, I have a question for you. I have a satellite 2755dvd laptop. The extra memory slot went bad in it, so i bought a new motherboard on ebay. I bought a motherboard for a 2775xdvd, since the board model number is the same(fcgsy2), and it has a slightly faster cpu onboard. The problem is that the 2755 has a 12" tft screen, but the 2775 has a 14.1. Both boards have the same graphics adapter, but when i plug the 12" lcd into the 2775 board, the screen isnt centered. It is like it is expecting the larger lcd. Is there any way to fix this, short of trying to find a new 14.1 lcd? Ive had this laptop apart enough that I could probably submit a guide for it.

dwschoon said:
Since you seem to know a lot about toshiba laptops, I have a question for you. I have a satellite 2755dvd laptop. The extra memory slot went bad in it, so i bought a new motherboard on ebay. I bought a motherboard for a 2775xdvd, since the board model number is the same(fcgsy2), and it has a slightly faster cpu onboard. The problem is that the 2755 has a 12" tft screen, but the 2775 has a 14.1. Both boards have the same graphics adapter, but when i plug the 12" lcd into the 2775 board, the screen isnt centered. It is like it is expecting the larger lcd. Is there any way to fix this, short of trying to find a new 14.1 lcd? Ive had this laptop apart enough that I could probably submit a guide for it.

Hi there,
I’ve never seen that problem myself. Try to upgrade/reflash BIOS, reinstall the video driver. Try to boot in Safe mode to see if the video fits properly on the screen, if it does the video driver is causing the problem. Try external monitor to see if your video centered. Try to change settings to a lower resolution 1024*768 or 800*600

Good luck.

Back