• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVIDIA nTune

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NightWolf_8800

Hey

Im having Trouble with NV NTune.

I have downloaded the Latest version 2.05 from the nvidia site.
In the NTUNE main screen I dont get all the options.

newbitmapimage9oy.jpg

I have the Asus A8N SLI Premium Mobo that supports nTune and 7800gtx.

I installed an older version and I got the Performance and Profile Options, however when i clicked them they dont load.

In the Start menu I get the Performance and Profile Manager however when i click on them nothing happens. All the .exes are in the Ntune folder...

Any Ideas??

i got the same problem that you got man! in the older versions of ntune i could change voltage and stuff. now i cant change anything but mem timings

Yeah. I can get gfx card timings and memory timings but thats it... None of the other stuff...
Any ideas anyone??

After I upgraded to that same version I am now having problems. I too don't have any of those options like in the previous and also, when I went into the monitor part, there was something weird with the little bar graph. I cant remember what it said but if you count the third one over, starting at the left, the bar was way higher that the others and colored red. Now my freshly installed copy of XP is hosed and I need to redo it for a third time. It kept giving me the bsd and when I tried to boot to safe mode and uninstall it, it gave me an error saying that it couldnt uninstall in safe mode blah blah and I needed to restart. Well after successfully uninstalling in reg. boot mode. My pc just reboots. Could this have messed with the mobo settings and should I clear my cmos?

my054runner said:
After I upgraded to that same version I am now having problems. I too don't have any of those options like in the previous and also, when I went into the monitor part, there was something weird with the little bar graph. I cant remember what it said but if you count the third one over, starting at the left, the bar was way higher that the others and colored red.
Umm that bar is the GPU memory frequency. Mines the same because of the 1300 stock click my EVGA 7800gtx Ko comes with. Im sure yours are the same if not higher.
To reset your mobo settings just go into the BIOS and hit Restore Defaults if it is there. If not just reset the BIOS using the jumpers and pulling out the battery.
Got it working yet?
Any one got any ideas?

NightWolf_8800 said:
Umm that bar is the GPU memory frequency. Mines the same because of the 1300 stock click my EVGA 7800gtx Ko comes with. Im sure yours are the same if not higher.
To reset your mobo settings just go into the BIOS and hit Restore Defaults if it is there. If not just reset the BIOS using the jumpers and pulling out the battery.
Got it working yet?
Any one got any ideas?
It didn't cahnge anything in bios but when I installed the upgraded version it did hose something. I did another full reinstall and actually ghosted it this time incase it happens again. I did pull the download from nvidia and not DFI but that shouldn't really matter. Oh well, its fixed now though. Thanks for the input.

As said above, i didnt. i had to reinstall windows to get it to work. Nothing changed in the bios but my os was hosed.

Yeah I had that problem where i couldnt see clock speeds in the older version... but i still dont get any of the performance features or profile manager... New or old version...
Any one have any further ideas?

Back