• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd Dual-booting problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gravitywell

I had some issues with my previous install of WinXP. So I formatted and reinstalled XP Home. At no point did it ask for my CD key, which I found odd. (I'm using my copy of my Alienware restore disc.) When I tried to activate XP, it said my product key wasn't valid, so I hit the "Change Prodcut Key button" on the activation menu, and the PK that was there...wasn't what was on the label on my manual. So I changed it and activated.

Well, after all of that, when I reboot, I get the OS choice menu, with two listings of XP Home Edition.

Is there a way to null the "old" version from my system? I only have one Windows folder, and there isn't any OS on any of my other hardrives.

Please help.

Edit boot.ini and set the delay to 0. Also remove the option that you aren't using. You won't see the menu anymore.

Back