• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE and Firefox problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rysjimmy1994

This might be in the wrong section, but i belive its windows related so here it goes. On my pop's computer, when ya go to open IE, it takes forever to connect, then it times out at which point ya get an illegal op. window. So I figured that I would just install firefox for him and he wouldnt have to deal with the hassel of IE anymore. Well Firefox doesnt even load at all. Here are the two error messages I get... by the way his PC is a 400mhz Celeron with 128 mb of ram (I threw it together for him out of old parts i had laying around).

untitled.JPG

sorry, i dont have a solution to the firefox problem, but you could give opera a shot, its a lot like firefox, and its definitely an improvement over IE.

hi
define one browser as the default one , for this uncheck the box were you have to check, "make it my default browser", coz it looks like that you have both and none is the default , so conflict ...

lastly, reintall firefox in version 1.07 if nothing gets better.

i686

It's more likely a corrupt DLL that both are using. Try a repair install and check for viruses/spyware.

Back