• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock Printer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ascii2

Can a laser printer's procesor be overclocked?

Has a printer processor overclck already been done?

It would be great to push a printer's 500 MHz (as an example) to 650 MHz.

Any relevant information appreciated.

Haha... I don't think it's the processor that's slowing down your printing speed... most likely it's due to the hardware limitations of printer itself, and there is no software mod you can do to speed it up.

the only possible way to MAYBE do something like that would be a vmod possibly

LOL when I saw this thread I thought it was a joke. :p

TBH I'm not aware of any possible method to do so. A hardmod might work.

I think you could probably do it through hardware modification. I'm not sure it's a good idea, but you could try finding and replacing the crystal that generates the reference frequency with a faster one (or modifying the circuit that provides the signal to the CPU). You can overclock just about anything if you're smart enough, persistant enough and don't mind destroying a few in the process.

I know its pointless to ask why, its something to overclock i guess. But what do you hope to acheieve by doing this. As others have already pointed out, it probably can be overclocked but it would do more harm than good.

Put some lubircant on a color inkject printer and it might run a tad faster across the pages.

Maybe try using USB or parallel ports, and see which runs better, lol.

Actually, many laser printers are CPU limited.

I have an HP 1320N (133mhz processor, 144MB ram) with a print engine rated at 22ppm. However, only when printing simple text documents will it keep up at that speed. The jobs get sent to the printer very quickly (connected via 100mbit ethernet) but complicated jobs can take a while to process, especially PostScript ones.

I don't see why you are getting such mixed responses on this. I mean, THIS IS OCFORUMS. Heh, give him some credit for wanting to push everything he owns to the max. I applaud your balls sir :clap: .. Well in a manner of speaking :p

Back