• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this price for Ballistix Tracer's too good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DragonTattooz

The company is Mega Micro Devices. http://www.mmdus.com Have you ever heard of this company? I suppose that I can just use a credit card and if they screw me I will be covered.

They have the Ballistix Tracers for $269. I don't know if it's a typo, or what.

Here's the description:

BL2KIT12864L503

2GB KIT CRUCIAL BALLISTIX with LEDs DDR (1GBx2Pcs) PC4000 3-4-4-8 UNBUFFERED Non-ECC 500Mhz 2.8V 128Meg x 64. ORIGINAL MICRON/ CRUCIAL MEMORY. LIFETIME WARRANTY.

If this is for real, it's an absolute smokin' deal.

Well, at that price I just ordered 5 sets. I'm gonna sell 4 on eBay and make my money back. If it's a scam, I'm covered. Thanks Visa. :santa:

I've been to that site a dozen times in the last week or so. They are one of the 3 or 4 vendors on PriceWatch that have the Tracer's listed. I never saw the 2Gb kit listed on their site in the Ballistix section. I found it by putting the part number into the search box. Go to their home page and put in "BL2KIT12864L503". It's still there. :santa: I hope this is for real...

Yup. It's showing up as $369 for me too. I wonder if they will honor that $269 price? I doubt it. I printed out the receipt, but they will just say they are out of stock.

I'll still take one set at $369, but not 5 sets. Damn, I knew that was too good to be true. :bang head

you never know. however, shame on you dragon for being so greedy. they might of pulled it because ordering 5 sets of anything throws up a huge red flag

EDIT: you might not catch my jealous sarcasm, so im just making it clear now.. ;) after all, you DID find them yourself :)

EvilCloudStrife said:
you never know. however, shame on you dragon for being so greedy. they might of pulled it because ordering 5 sets of anything throws up a huge red flag

EDIT: you might not catch my jealous sarcasm, so im just making it clear now.. ;) after all, you DID find them yourself :)

Ya know, to be honest with you I had thought of that. But, after contemplating it I figured that if it was a mistake, they would catch it whether I ordered one set or five.

But, if the deal does go through, I was going to offer them at a discount to members here before putting them on eBay. :) Does that get me some brownie points? :p

If I had been awake at frikking 2am.. oh wait I was.. hacking, coughing, sneezing, and not sleeping but I was TRYING so that's the point. If I had not been trying to sleep at 2am I woulda jumped all over that at $269. $369 is cheaper then the price off crucials own website by about $30. However, there is plenty of cheaper memory sticks that will do all I want without all the fancy lights.

Quick update- I still have no order confirmation, nor any other kind of communication from this company about my order. :eh?:

Well, I just checked my order status and it's still showing as an active order. Keeping my fingers crossed.

DragonTattooz said:
Well, I just checked my order status and it's still showing as an active order. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck with that because the Micron 4Y -5BD chips are about the best thing in the world in terms of ICs short of Infineon's CE5 die

DragonTattooz said:
Here is what i think happened- some bimbo posted the @ cost price and didn't know that the company marked a hefty $100 profit on it.
In another word, Micron/crucial ripping you off.

Finally received an e-mail:

thanks for placing order with us.
we made critical TYPO error in updating pricing on this item. last week it was $399 and we changed it to $369 (as shown on the pricewatch.com). data entery made an error typing it as $269.00 instead of $369.00

we are sorry for that. if you still need this product at $369x5= $1845.00, we will be happy to processes it. and to compensate for our mistake we will throw in an attractive gift for free.

sorry again and thank you for understanding

Sentential said:
Good luck with that because the Micron 4Y -5BD chips are about the best thing in the world in terms of ICs short of Infineon's CE5 die
i haven't seen the CE's break 300mhz :santa:

and to compensate for our mistake we will throw in an attractive gift for free.

ROFL

Sorry dude, that sucks! Kinda makes me wonder if you could have slipped through the cracks with just a single set...

Back