• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need memory advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gplracer

I have a DFI Ultra Infinity board running at 243fsb at 2.9 or 3.0v. I had it at 250fsb but my Corsair 3500 (BH6 Chips) needs 3.3v and looser timings to get that. I ran benchmarks and it does better at 243fsb with tighter timings. Anyway I have stick of 512mb and would like to add another stick of 512mb. In the very near future I am going to get a DFI SLI board and a Athlon64 cpu so I really want ram that would be compatable with that board. I assume the ram that I currently have is compabable with it but I am not sure. What ram module should I get? Thanks!!!

Yes the RAM that you have now will be compatible with the board that you are getting.

As far as what you should be getting I need to know if you are getting this for gaming, standard apps that require lots of memory, OC'ing, or benching!

Thanks for your quick post. I know you are "the memory man". I will be overclocking my system and playing games.

NP :thup:

If you want 1GB kit then with that mobo I would suggest some UTT chips. Since Mushkin is no longer selling Redlines which were best in class when it comes to UTT's, I'd say get some OCZ Gold VX's which I'm assuming are still UTT chips because they didn't say anything about discontinuing them.

UTT or BH5 in general are better for gaming as far as performance goes but they can't reach high freq as TCCD/TCC5's do (if you are gunning for low multi with 1:1), but they have tight timings to make up for MHz loss.

If you are looking to get 2GB kit then I must say some Samsung UCCC's would do you fine and G-Skill has some for a fairly low price considering that they are 2x1GB and binned as DDR500.

If you have more $$$ to spend then Crucial Balistix are the best that you can get.

Last edited:
Thanks again. That is great information. I have a current stick of 512mb of corsair 3500. Could I add a stick of Crucial Ballistix like this one? Actually maybe this one would be better? Crucial Ballistix CAS2.5 Or am I asking for trouble with regard to trying to get the ram to work at 243-250mhz 1:1. You said this ram was the best and it is cheap compared to some of the others. Thanks again for your time!

Last edited:
Back