• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help finding a keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rysjimmy1994

A while ago I stumbled across a keyboard that each key had an lcd monitor under it and you could change what the keys do similar to the z-board. I book marked it and a week later my computer crashed. I dont remember the name of the company that made it. Has anybody seen this keyboard

There are lots of threads about this keyboard, but it really isn't a very practical solution. If it gets made it will probably cost $200+ so not many people will be interested.

I like the questions in their answer section... well, at least, I'll quote the first few...

"It’s in the initial stage of production.

We hope it will be released in 2006.

It will cost less than a good mobile phone.

It will be real."

So... the keyboard is being made... "It will be real.", meaning the photos are of a keyboard whipped up in photoshop, so the end result might vary... and a good mobile phone can mean anything from an unlocked PPC phone at nearly $700 clear down to around $200. Also, it is at least a year down the line.

It would be neat, yes... but I'm not holding my breath for that keyboard release. Also, if every key is a display, why not put a display on the keyboard that can display computer statistics ALA the Logitech G15 keyboard? Heck, why not?

Eitherways, it will be an interesting keyboard if it is made. Maybe fragile too... hmmm...

i think it would be awesome to be able to set up a sort of screen saver for your keyboard. or have the keys interact. make the i start multiplying and then get into a fight with u. then all the other keys would start moving up to get a peak at the action, but f2 would bump into f3. f3 is a **** so he would start fighting. but by then, the i's would have taken over because everyone wasn't looking. the possabilities are endless.

Back